Gibson Brands Forums

My New Gibson ES335 Dot

Voodoo Monkey

I have always wanted a 335 and this past year I saved up enough and sold a couple other guitars and finally got one. I'm new to this part of the forum, I'm a Les Paul player mostly but always wanted a 335. I thought I would post this quick video I did so some of you I know can finally see it. The backing track is out of Garage Band and I recorded the video using an iPad propped up. It records really well. I have my computer going into my PA. My guitar is going into a Reissue Fender 65 Twin Reverb and using a Timmy Overdrive with an Xotic EP Booster behind it. I hope you all like the new guitar. I love it. [smile]

I have always wanted a 335 and this past year I saved up enough and sold a couple other guitars and finally got one. I'm new to this part of the forum, I'm a Les Paul player mostly but always wanted a 335. I thought I would post this quick video I did so some of you I know can finally see it. The backing track is out of Garage Band and I recorded the video using an iPad propped up. It records really well. I have my computer going into my PA. My guitar is going into a Reissue Fender 65 Twin Reverb and using a Timmy Overdrive with an Xotic EP Booster behind it. I hope you all like the new guitar. I love it. [smile]

You did good Voodoo Monkey. The LP is sounding great.

Thank you Tman. Always wanted a 335 and finally got one:-)

I didn't realize it was you Phillip. How did everything go with the guitar this weekend?

Check out the thread called beautiful Birdie. I think you'll figure out where I got the name!

loved it. Great job. bought mine last summer because B.B. King's The Thrill is Gone is my all time favourite guitar song. Don't know why but it gives me goose bumps. So when I picked up a guitar for the first time three and a half years ago I said to myself that I would own one and I would learn to play that song. Check and check. Just wish I had the guts to play it in front of anyone.

loved it. Great job. bought mine last summer because B.B. King's The Thrill is Gone is my all time favourite guitar song. Don't know why but it gives me goose bumps. So when I picked up a guitar for the first time three and a half years ago I said to myself that I would own one and I would learn to play that song. Check and check. Just wish I had the guts to play it in front of anyone.

Thanks, I love this guitar. I remember seeing BB on TV when I was a kid playing 335's and I always loved them since then. [thumbup]

Archived