Gibson Brands Forums

New song

livemusic

I have a couple of questions. First, if you think the song has merit, let me know. Else, silence explains it, lol. Second, how is the sound? This is my first time to use this particular recording setup. I'm talking about for a work tape demo, not a finished product. I'm not very skilled at recording, to say the least. Recorded on one track.

https://soundcloud.com/bill-pittman/somethings-changed-v-2

Brilliant ending. Thoughtful lyric. Reverb in the voice is good, I found myself wanting to hear a boost in the guitar level, but realize this is all one track. Nice song.

I had to apply the same effects to both. Yeah, I thought the guitar was a tad too low in volume. It sounded okay. That's why I need to multi-track! It has compression and a touch of reverb. I don't know how to tweak the FX yet, that is first time I used that software (Mixcraft Acoustica). Thanks much for listening.

Good song. Your vocals are distinctive and easy on the ear .Only small observation is at the end of a couple of the verses you do a staccato type delivery of a few words before the chorus...not sure if that works as best as possible rhythmically. Thanks for posting.

Yes, I note this as well and that is likely nothing more than phrasing and practice, and, possibly, a slightly slower tempo might be best. When songs are new, I am literally learning how to sing them and a stellar vocal take is not the focus. Will come later. I post songs just to find out if the song, itself, has merit. Thanks for your comment.

Very nice song with a lot of feel. One suggestion I have is to cut (hi pass) the lows on your guitar somewhere up to around 100hz give or take, nothing extreme just enough to give the guitar a little more articulation. You can also cut the lows on your verb a bit if you feel the guitar in muddying it up

Very nice song with a lot of feel. One suggestion I have is to cut (hi pass) the lows on your guitar somewhere up to around 100hz give or take, nothing extreme just enough to give the guitar a little more articulation. You can also cut the lows on your verb a bit if you feel the guitar in muddying it up

I struggle with recording. Can what you suggested be done with the guitar/vocal on one track? Cuz that is what it is. This is just a work tape but I am curious, for my own education!

Archived