Gibson Brands Forums

Why do you love your Jackson Browne?

livemusic

I am working to add the Beatle's "Mother Nature's Son" to my play list for gigs, as it segues perfectly after a song I wrote. Always loved the song. What is super cool about this... I want to play an A5? chord in the second line of each verse (x02225) but if I want to be lazy, I can play a regular A chord (x0222x) and note that last "x." I can play the chord and NOT strike the little "e" string. Effortlessly. With other guitars, my pick tends to strike the little e string. Which is not what I want. NOT striking the little e string makes the sound better to my ears. The A chord is followed by Asus4 (x0223x, you do that progression four times. Of course, if I were not limited by short fingers, I would play the A5 chord and then follow it with x04235, but, so far, I have not nailed that one. It does round the sound out wonderfully. But anyway, being able to play Asus4 and NOT strike the little e, that is cool. And it simply has to do with the guitar. And I don't know why, but I like it.

Today, I suppose the atmosphere is ideal, the Jackson Browne sounds especially wonderfully warm and balanced.

So, why do you love YOUR Jackson Browne?

Wow Mersey, I'd like to know why you can't stand him. Political issues I assume? JB is the bees knees for me man, if course I'm kinda left anyway....

As the the OP, what are the tonal properties of a Walnut back and side guitar? I know nothing about it.

Wow Mersey, I'd like to know why you can't stand him. Political issues I assume? JB is the bees knees for me man, if course I'm kinda left anyway....

As the the OP, what are the tonal properties of a Walnut back and side guitar? I know nothing about it.

Nothing serious really and its not what he stands for but 95% of what comes out of his mouth in interview or song is unceasingly about his causes.

He's like a broken record..20 years of it..I used to like his tunes previously.

Everyone has a right to their opinion. Here is one who greatly admires Jackson Browne. He seems to be a very good person. And wow, what a songwriter and artist. For me, music just doesn't get any better than his double album live CD.

I don't really know how to describe the tone of my JB guitar. Smooth, warm, sweet. I've seen it written "piano-like highs" and I can comprehend that description. I recorded a few songs in studio recently and the engineer and musicians were blown away with the tone. And marveled that tuned a whole step down, no buzz.

Nothing serious really and its not what he stands for but 95% of what comes out of his mouth in interview or song is unceasingly about his causes.

He's like a broken record..20 years of it..I used to like his tunes previously.

Fair enough, and true enough as well. I've just always felt it makes him more genuine, like he REALLY believes in them, not just blowing smoke to sell records.

Fair enough, and true enough as well. I've just always felt it makes him more genuine, like he REALLY believes in them, not just blowing smoke to sell records.

I think he's narrowed his focus so accutely that he doesnt see the whole picture. Thinking back he made some nice records before .

A friend of mine is like that 95% of the time its all about eating meat and the murder of animals..the other 5% is about the same 5 musicians that were current 40 years ago..like a broken record.

Archived