Gibson Brands Forums

NEW ORIGINAL song

livemusic

Most of my songs (and this one) are recorded on Zoom H4n with the onboard stereo mics. Zoom on top of shoebox sitting on table, I sit on side of bed, and make history, lol. I import into laptop and tweak a bit in software. I downloaded Mixcraft a week ago and this is the second recording with it. I am loving Mixcraft, it is freakin' awesome because recording has got to be the most complicated process on the planet and even I have been able to figure out how to do stuff. I am impressed and I'm sure I will pony up and pay in a week when the demo runs out. That company has a fine product. I note that the guru Craig Anderton even touted it very favorably and I think he is an honest reviewer, so, that's good enough for me. I was going to try Cubase but not sure now. Like, why?

Haha, I am surprised you said it sounded good. I mean, I definitely don't know what I'm doing. I just twist knobs until it sounds decent to my ears. And I have significant hearing loss!

that sounds really nice , great song and i love the sound youre getting ... i want to get into home recording , have fun with the iphone and while it sounds alright i'd like a couple of effects .

$75 is pretty reasonable i think .

i dont have a zoom thingy so could you just clarify , the guitar is not plugged in ? hows the vocal captured ?

keep the songs coming

cheers

that sounds really nice , great song and i love the sound youre getting ... i want to get into home recording , have fun with the iphone and while it sounds alright i'd like a couple of effects .

$75 is pretty reasonable i think .

i dont have a zoom thingy so could you just clarify , the guitar is not plugged in ? hows the vocal captured ?

keep the songs coming

cheers

This song was done on the Zoom in multi-track mode. Played guitar and recorded with the onboard stereo mics. Then armed tract 2 and sang vocal, recorded the same way. The guitar is not plugged in. Although, I could put that on another track.

This song was done on the Zoom in multi-track mode. Played guitar and recorded with the onboard stereo mics. Then armed tract 2 and sang vocal, recorded the same way. The guitar is not plugged in. Although, I could put that on another track.

guitar has a lovely tone , just a regular j45? what strings you put on it ?

thanks for the help

guitar has a lovely tone , just a regular j45? what strings you put on it ?

thanks for the help

I have posted on this forum about my Eureka! moment when I put Martin Lifespan strings on the J-45. They are awesome on it. This song was recorded with the strings on it being a little over a month old. So, it would sound better with new strings. Yes, it is a 2010 J-45 standard. Thanks for listening.

yea another nice one from you.Guitar and voice both very rich.Besides your originals are there any particular artists songs you like to cover...just wonderin'

Well, I play a smattering of cover songs, from 60s pop to folk to various country songs. A few of my favorite artists... Jackson Browne, Neil Young, Steve Earle, Alan Jackson, Beatles, Jerry Jeff Walker, James Taylor, Eric Clapton unplugged and old blues songs.

Thanks to you and others for listening and replying.

Archived