Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Professorbx

SCS.4DJ 4.0 Update (NEW!!!!!!!!)

Guest Professorbx

The EQ knobs do pass midi. There is no technical reason why we couldn't have a 2 band EQ + a gain knob however the design decision was to have a 3 band EQ with a shifted gain knob as the gain setting is meant to be a set and forget setting stored with the track.

The decision was based on the idea that you might want 3 band EQ and gain, but you would lose that possibility entirely if you had only 2 band EQ plus gain. As well, you would also have the labels totally thrown off.

Thanx for this update.

I appreciate technological capabilities and efforts.

when I search the track and "GO",and press the ENTER button to enter the TRACK INFO screen.

Then I can't use "TRACK PREVIEW".

I feel sorry for this.

I bought a XDJ Aero a few months and have been using that and was going to sell my SCS4DJ but decided to check the forums and after looking at this update I am tempted to now sell the XDJ Aero and keep my stanton.

WOW is all i can say about these new features. Credit where credit is due here. AMAZING cant wait to test it out tomorrow.

Desde Venezuela les doy muchas gracias por esta nueva actualización y todas estas excelentes mejoras para la SCS.4DJ la cual adquirí desde hace un año y estoy bien contento por que siempre están muy pendientes de trabajar por la mejora continua y la satisfacción de todos los Usuarios DJCUÑI.

I thought big the updates had come to an end. I have no had any issues with my unit since the last update. Some great features on the new update, I will install right away!!

Thank you for all your hard work!!

Hi all Stanton team

thanks for your hard work.

I have got some suggestions from this new FW

1. response time of the cursor moves compared to fw version 3-1-1 seems a little bit slower

2. playlist cursor position memory works only if JUMP ON LOAD function is on

3. BPM and TIME columns displayed in plalist view takes too many space (bpm could be without decimal point)

4. some free space between artist and title column would be nice (1-2 characters)

5. option TITLE or TITLE AND ARTIST view change could be implemented

5. TITLE/ARTIST <> ARTIST/ TITLE choice ?

6. gain change - actual value should be displayed first - the pop-up displays modified value

In a word... WOW

Can't wait to get this update loaded now, thanks to Stanton for sticking to their word and keeping regular software updates flowing out of the Dev Labs. Secondly thanks to Stanton for listening to their customers and applying changes which have been requested by us. The only thing that upset me about the scs4 unit was the price drop a few weeks after I bought it :(

As a DnB DJ I feel I should make one more request... Please could you make it so that we can enter a target BPM into quickgrid or raise the dial in BPM to 180ish. As a former hater of the sync button it has really come in handy when playing my radio shows, trying to read texts, talking in the chat room, talking on the mic and beatmatching was just too much for me to do in one go

Aside from that I couldn't be happier with my SCS right now

i agree that the brake effect needs some improvement. it need to be a little tighter on the release and it should not engage when you release the plater, only when you press pause/stop. shouldn't be too hard to make those adjustments.

holy crap... there's a brake effect? how do I find/use this?

In a word... WOW

Can't wait to get this update loaded now, thanks to Stanton for sticking to their word and keeping regular software updates flowing out of the Dev Labs. Secondly thanks to Stanton for listening to their customers and applying changes which have been requested by us. The only thing that upset me about the scs4 unit was the price drop a few weeks after I bought it :(

As a DnB DJ I feel I should make one more request... Please could you make it so that we can enter a target BPM into quickgrid or raise the dial in BPM to 180ish. As a former hater of the sync button it has really come in handy when playing my radio shows, trying to read texts, talking in the chat room, talking on the mic and beatmatching was just too much for me to do in one go

Aside from that I couldn't be happier with my SCS right now

There is a way for you to do this for you DnB guys. Take the BPM that you want and divide it by two. Enter this in the Edit BPM dial in BPM. Then use the Edit BPM X 2 feature and you will be able to have a BPM high enough for you.

holy crap... there's a brake effect? how do I find/use this?

Go to SYSTEM/PLATTER SETTINGS/BRAKE SPEED and choose the desired speed (slow,medium or fast)

;)press play/pause to start the brake

Guest B-SIDE

Hi all Stanton team

thanks for your hard work.

I have got some suggestions from this new FW

1. response time of the cursor moves compared to fw version 3-1-1 seems a little bit slower

2. playlist cursor position memory works only if JUMP ON LOAD function is on

3. BPM and TIME columns displayed in plalist view takes too many space (bpm could be without decimal point)

4. some free space between artist and title column would be nice (1-2 characters)

5. option TITLE or TITLE AND ARTIST view change could be implemented

5. TITLE/ARTIST <> ARTIST/ TITLE choice ?

6. gain change - actual value should be displayed first - the pop-up displays modified value

Thanks Voitano -

I can't make any promises about the next release but this will be considered.

There is a way for you to do this for you DnB guys. Take the BPM that you want and divide it by two. Enter this in the Edit BPM dial in BPM. Then use the Edit BPM X 2 feature and you will be able to have a BPM high enough for you.

Of course... sorry I don't know why I never thought of that, I'm used to DJ software that forces and 87 bpm up to 174, I forget how clever the scs is sometimes

Go to SYSTEM/PLATTER SETTINGS/BRAKE SPEED and choose the desired speed (slow,medium or fast)

;)press play/pause to start the brake

Thanks man... Found it

Try extracting to your PC first, and then transferring the file to your usb. Make sure your USB is empty too, and maybe try format it first as well.

Would it be possible to have the "slice" function switched with a "reverse" function option in a next update ? Never use slice and reverse would be cool, wobwobwob :D

First post on here, have to say i'm lovin this unit & loving the updates.

Just one thing....on the new VU settings the 'deck' setting doesnt seem to be functioning as i expected.

With the VU meters set to decks when you commence playback with the fader all the way down, the VU's are already displaying a level.

Surely that shouldnt happen until the fader on that channel is actually raised?

So, for example, you are playing a track on deck A, then want to bring deck B up into the mix. At the moment you dont have any visual feedback on the levels deck B is going to be mixing in at because its generating a level before you've even started to fade it up.

Makes it trickier to balance the mix (before someone chimes in i know you can use your ears)but it's useful to have a visual reference as well.

Hopefully you see what i mean.

Would it be possible to have the "slice" function switched with a "reverse" function option in a next update ? Never use slice and reverse would be cool, wobwobwob :D

Yeah!! I don´t use the slice too, reverse it´s a good change!! =D>