Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Professorbx

SCS.4DJ 4.0 Update (NEW!!!!!!!!)

First post on here, have to say i'm lovin this unit & loving the updates.

Just one thing....on the new VU settings the 'deck' setting doesnt seem to be functioning as i expected.

With the VU meters set to decks when you commence playback with the fader all the way down, the VU's are already displaying a level.

Surely that shouldnt happen until the fader on that channel is actually raised?

So, for example, you are playing a track on deck A, then want to bring deck B up into the mix. At the moment you dont have any visual feedback on the levels deck B is going to be mixing in at because its generating a level before you've even started to fade it up.

Makes it trickier to balance the mix (before someone chimes in i know you can use your ears)but it's useful to have a visual reference as well.

Hopefully you see what i mean.

I do see what you mean. The deck VU meters are displaying pre-line fader so if you want to use them to balance deck B to deck A then you would have to use the new gain feature to adjust deck B (or deck A) so that the volumes match before you fade in deck B. To use this feature press and hold the BACK button for deck A or ENTER button for deck B and move the central NAV wheel till the volumes match then if your line faders are in the same spots for A and B the volumes will be matched.

@B-SIDE, Professorx: Firstly thank you so much for giving gain option!! =D> \:D/

Secondly please do not touch eq's in future updates, we need 3-band eqs

and you know that =;

Well I always dreamed [-o< of a file browser on my SCS.4DJ which will display

filename and BPM maybe. Please try to implement this feature and i will be

100% happy as of now i am 98% happy with my SCS.4DJ [thumbup]

love this device ! had it for over a month now and seriously in love with it ! , I use it every night in my house and on sat there I used it in a house party with 25 plus people for 6 hours solid with no problems , I love the new update for separate gain controls , don't fancy the bag much tho , think i'll buy a proper metal flightcase like the swan one for my professional gigs

I have a few questions tho ....

how do you do a decent sounding spinback ?

is there a way to sort your playlists into bpm like the library ?

I'm so glad I bought this unit now , if Stanton brought out a more expensive version with a higher resoloution screen , a faster processor and all metal body with a higher grade crossfader and knobs I would defo buy it .

price point around 800 GBP .

do it before someone else does ;)

in the meantime ill carry on with my beloved scs4dj

Guest Professorbx

love this device ! had it for over a month now and seriously in love with it ! , I use it every night in my house and on sat there I used it in a house party with 25 plus people for 6 hours solid with no problems , I love the new update for separate gain controls , don't fancy the bag much tho , think i'll buy a proper metal flightcase like the swan one for my professional gigs

I have a few questions tho ....

how do you do a decent sounding spinback ?

is there a way to sort your playlists into bpm like the library ?

I'm so glad I bought this unit now , if Stanton brought out a more expensive version with a higher resoloution screen , a faster processor and all metal body with a higher grade crossfader and knobs I would defo buy it .

price point around 800 GBP .

do it before someone else does ;)

in the meantime ill carry on with my beloved scs4dj

In the active playlist there is now a sort button with version 4.0. You got the upgrade, right?

2Professorbx:

Hi. Do you remember about BeatJump function on (+) and (-) Pitch buttons ? It's realy cool thing.

And about Waveform picture on A,B TrackLines at Waveform window like at Home window

Screenshorts I have already attached

Sorry for my english))

Thanks

Guest Professorbx

2Professorbx:

Hi. Do you remember about BeatJump function on (+) and (-) Pitch buttons ? It's realy cool thing.

And about Waveform picture on A,B TrackLines at Waveform window like at Home window

Screenshorts I have already attached

Sorry for my english))

Thanks

I'm actually not at Gibson PA/Stanton anymore-I've gone on to a different company. I just answer questions here now because this thing is my baby, and I care about the community. [thumbup]

I'm actually not at Gibson PA/Stanton anymore-I've gone on to a different company. I just answer questions here now because this thing is my baby, and I care about the community. [thumbup]

I hope they still gonna work on updates ;)

Does this mean that "the best is yet to come" is no longer reality?

Guest Professorbx

Does this mean that "the best is yet to come" is no longer reality?

Trust me, the next stuff is awesome.

Trust me, the next stuff is awesome.

I trust you :)

Good luck with your new job and thanks for what you've done for us in the past !!

Guest Professorbx

I trust you :)

Good luck with your new job and thanks for what you've done for us in the past !!

Working with the Stanton team was one of the best times of my life, and I am incredibly proud of what we did when I was there. I know the rest of the team is going to continue doing amazing things, and I'm really really proud of what is coming next. It is some next level stuff, you really have no idea. In the meantime, I'll still be floating around here. [thumbup]

That sounds like SCS5DJ...

The scs4 hardware is still easily ahead of the curve IMO

Reasonably priced software controllers may have more expandable mixing functions on a laptop but dont have the response time to use platters for much more then finding a cue

And the closest dedicated hardware platform is probably the numark's which are heavier, need 2 thumbdrives and dont have the large interface screen

Sure if I could wish a dream machine into existence it would be the scs4 with selectable line inputs in the rear, usb3, drop in replaceable faders and touchstrips for quick cue searching

But the scs4 hardware is still a surprisingly superior package for the buck then anything similar on the market

And the only thing it needs to remain solidly in the lead compared to its peers is continued evolution of the OS

Shame that bx is gone

We'll see

hello Professor ! there will be further additions to the SCS4DJ firmware ? or news that you intend is to refer to a new console? and if so, when will these changes? I'm buying back the stanton i had sold some months ago for the GAIN problem now solved! Thanks!