Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Professorbx

SCS.4DJ 4.0 Update (NEW!!!!!!!!)

You can adjust the default auto-loop length in the settings menu. [thumbup]

Yes I know that but I was talking about the problem of little to short loop. Not exactly the full bar (or measure, i don't know the right word).

When You loop something and on the other channel you have another synced song, it will still go off the beat after a while.

Sorry for my english and thanks for support. Great job guys

When You loop something and on the other channel you have another synced song, it will still go off the beat after a while.

That is supposed to be fixed in the next firmware update.

I'd really like to see Stanton's version of Traktor's remix decks implemented somehow.

Maybe the 8 soft buttons could have custom loops & one shots assigned to them?

Wonder if its possible or if something like this is on the cards as part of this forthcoming update???

Once the small tempo drift issues are solved regarding loops a solution like this would be an awesome addition dont you think?

Still loving this piece of gear!!

Is this newer than the 4.0 firmware link on the first page of this thread? If it is newer does it contain the fix found in the 4.01 update that can be found on the Stanton SCS4.DJ product page? (That update contains a fix for an issue I discovered in the 4.0 firmware)

Yes the link i posted is for 4.0.1

Thanks,

GPA-DJ

Fixing bugs so the unit can be used with anything other than straight four to the floor beats would be helpful instead of adding more features/bugs

Just sell Your scs and buy something else if you don't like it. I was playing rap and r'n'b songs yesterday on auto dj (small pub) and it works perfect! You just need to check if the bpm is ok and if not You have to tap, dial the correct bpm and shift beat to grid. When You will do this You can just make a playlist and SCS will do the job (i'm using auto dj in 10 seconds mix mode). If You have that issue that You can't dial bpm higher then 150, stop complaining and think for a moment. Just dial in half bpm (if the song is 150, dial 75). Auto dj, effects and sync will work with this.

PS: Shift beat to grid option doesn't work in the beginning of the track, just go to 00:30 and it will work.

Like I said in another post I will check this on my SCS and let You know in this thread.

Ok guys I checked this and the problem is real. You can't dial bpm higher than 155

BUT

You can dial for example 87 and then use X2 option and it works.

SCS TEAM:

Problem is solved but You can change the higher possible bpm to 200 or even higher for other types of music :P

Thanks for Your work ;)

Give quickgrid ability to create playlists just like unit does. Now I have to start unit, generate playlists, shut down and start again.

This would be very helpful.

THX.

Give quickgrid ability to create playlists just like unit does. Now I have to start unit, generate playlists, shut down and start again.

This would be very helpful.

THX.

You can create playlists for example in winamp and save them to Your pendrive or hdd (it takes about 5 seconds)

I have about 15 folders on one pendrive and about 8 on second, I don't think that any program can do this in five seconds :( Or am I wrong?

Guest Professorbx

1 Dial in BPM is not working as i stated)

2 Until i actually see proof that tap tempo is working i am assuming that it does not work, it does not work on any of my mp3s (only wavs and the demo content) I have tried digital7 bought MP3s, My own LAME encoded MP3s and also even went to the extreme of torrenting some to make sure i wasn't just losing it (So please somebody show me a video of 4.01 changing the tempo via tap tempo of a pre analysed mp3, and upload the mp3 so i can take a look at the tag and test on my machine, thank you would be very appreciated)

It is great however that autoDJ is working for you, sorry but i have zero interest in autoDJ and would like to use the features as advertised

Do not try and tell me to "Sell my item and use something else" that is not your place to do so, and being a self appointed protector of Gibson achieves nothing whatsoever, perhaps next time you might test properly and help the devs by finding these issues instead of assuming and jumping on me for pointing out something is broken, when oh wait yes it is broken

For the love of f#*% man, from one former Skratchworx writer to another (your last review was in 2009), cut it out. I don't think Mark would appreciate you trying to use your association from years ago as a threat.

Dial in BPM works. Everyone is getting it to work but you. Same with tap. I'm guessing that the problem you are having is that the BPM lines are not falling on the beat. You can correct that in 30 seconds by using the "Shift BPM to cue" function after you adjust. Boom, it goes to the beat.

I don't even work for Stanton anymore, I just am taken aback by the totally immature way you are acting. It is sort of ridiculous.

The decision was based on the idea that you might want 3 band EQ and gain, but you would lose that possibility entirely if you had only 2 band EQ plus gain. As well, you would also have the labels totally thrown off.

If the knobs pass midi i feel like this could be an easy to add option in the system settings. i realize the labels would be thrown off but if you choose the option you would know which knobs are what. after all if you use it as a midi controller i don't think the labels will all be exact. for those of us who are coming directly from vinyl and analog mixers an independent gain on each channel that we can adjust in real time without shifting would be a tremendous advantage.

also i seem to still be having issues adjusting beat grids. on many tracks it works just fine on its own. every so often it just won't align. even if i dial in or tap the bpm it's not perfect. it will look like it's on for the first 8 to 16 bars on the song then it falls off and back on throughout the track. if i could get some help figuring this out it would be a big help as i'm still getting used to mixing with jog wheels and buttons.

also not sure how much i like the slice effect. i might have added a reverb or phaser instead.

otherwise i am very happy with this machine. it's made me able to dj without affording a top notch laptop or having the laptop between me and the audience. thanks for everything and keep up the good work. would love to be a beta tester and maybe even advise on a mark 2.

If the knobs pass midi i feel like this could be an easy to add option in the system settings. i realize the labels would be thrown off but if you choose the option you would know which knobs are what. after all if you use it as a midi controller i don't think the labels will all be exact. for those of us who are coming directly from vinyl and analog mixers an independent gain on each channel that we can adjust in real time without shifting would be a tremendous advantage.

also i seem to still be having issues adjusting beat grids. on many tracks it works just fine on its own. every so often it just won't align. even if i dial in or tap the bpm it's not perfect. it will look like it's on for the first 8 to 16 bars on the song then it falls off and back on throughout the track. if i could get some help figuring this out it would be a big help as i'm still getting used to mixing with jog wheels and buttons.

also not sure how much i like the slice effect. i might have added a reverb or phaser instead.

otherwise i am very happy with this machine. it's made me able to dj without affording a top notch laptop or having the laptop between me and the audience. thanks for everything and keep up the good work. would love to be a beta tester and maybe even advise on a mark 2.

Can You send me some example song that You have problem with bpm? Maybe it just have variables bpm.

Slice effects is the best :D You just have to turn left the right knob. For example You can loop your track (by setting left knob on 1-16), stop it, change the track on this deck and it will still play the loop. You can also loop Your scratches, eq changing, pitch changing this way. Check it ;)

Still the best machine of its type.

I guess numark has a new ipad deal that attempts to copy a bunch of the scs4's functionality.

But you've got to buy an ipad (be a hipster), and there must be an interface lag,

but dont let that get between a hipster and hipster cred.

Shame stanton never got the hipster cred that neo-numark slavishly caters for (or is that a good thing).

And shame such a great product got caught in a transition period.

But the good news is,

the people who where smart enough got one.

Can You send me some example song that You have problem with bpm? Maybe it just have variables bpm.

most of the music i play is hip hop, house or jungle so it should be pretty straight up for beat grids. all of my mp3s are 320. i analyze everything in quickgrid first.

The fifth beta version was ready when Stanton published the fourth version. However, users reported a lot of bugs and a lot of great ideas, so changes will take time. Ready software must be tested. We must wait

So by now we must be on our 10th beta version, can anyone tell us what to expect?

Or do we have to wait until Stanton introduce SCS.5DJ to discover what's new :)

From what I know to be some new cool features. Unfortunately, I do not know what functions. Already waiting for so long should soon be new software. Maybe Stanton is waiting for an important event to present new software.

I'm starting to believe that they're just stringing us along to be honest. If 5.0 is ever released I doubt there will be any new or impressive features. I expect a few low level bug fixes and to be told to wait until 6.0 because that really will be "next level" Entire operating systems for devices more complex than this have been designed, tested and refined in less time than has passed since 4.0 was released. Unless Stanton steps up to the plate real soon I'm guessing we have seen all there is to the SCS.$DJ already.

Guest Professorbx

I'm starting to believe that they're just stringing us along to be honest. If 5.0 is ever released I doubt there will be any new or impressive features. I expect a few low level bug fixes and to be told to wait until 6.0 because that really will be "next level" Entire operating systems for devices more complex than this have been designed, tested and refined in less time than has passed since 4.0 was released. Unless Stanton steps up to the plate real soon I'm guessing we have seen all there is to the SCS.$DJ already.

Its not low level. I don't know what the holdup is-I had a near complete version when I left. My entire last couple months was based around making this great, designing features with Penguin and doing a complete re-think of how the unit operated. The features in it are frankly closer to what you would see in newer versions of major DJ software, from the standpoint of things like beat grid engine, effects, and "slip" style features. Actually, comparing it to that is sort of a strange thing, it is time-related but way more powerful. It will frankly probably be rather polarizing but the people who like it will love it.

this thing needs to be updated to address beat grid and bpm analysis issues badly. if it's not updated in the next month or 2 i will be selling it and getting the new gemini g2v with virtual dj.

Yeah, I love this thing but I wish they could make it work as well as Virtual DJ. Not sure if I'd trust anything from Gemini though. My experience with lower tier dj gear manufacturers is that they generally all suck in terms of quality and reliability.