Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Professorbx

SCS.4DJ 4.0 Update (NEW!!!!!!!!)

O.k. Stanton guys....

I have just brought my second Stanton scs4 and would dearly like to use a beta copy of the update.

I use the device 3 times a week at all my gigs and am very happy with it.

I would of course direct all feedback to the development team.

I've had no luck with the u.k. Distributor so how about it chaps?

Darryl.

I wish that ProfessorBX can talk to his friend Penguin and tell us what to expect and when to expect the upgrade.

It appears that since the time when Stanton was bough by Gibson the SCS4 project was put on hold in terms of firmware development.

Gibson needs to improve the firmware to keep the SCS$ flowing, otherwise the SCS4 will join the multitude of All-In-One DJ hardware that was failed by their weak/buggy firmware.

Also I'm surprised why no one is pointing out how much QuickGrid needs to be improved with added functionality and Artificial Intelligence. I Don't think it is clever to go through 8000 files just to analyze 20 extra added file on a USB stick ???

Please don't fail what I think is the best hardware there is for a mobile DJ

I wish that ProfessorBX can talk to his friend Penguin and tell us what to expect and when to expect the upgrade.

It appears that since the time when Stanton was bough by Gibson the SCS4 project was put on hold in terms of firmware development.

Gibson needs to improve the firmware to keep the SCS$ flowing, otherwise the SCS4 will join the multitude of All-In-One DJ hardware that was failed by their weak/buggy firmware.

Also I'm surprised why no one is pointing out how much QuickGrid needs to be improved with added functionality in Artificial Intelligence. I Don't think it is clever to go through 8000 files just to analyze 20 extra added file on a USB stick ???

Please don't fail what I think is the best hardware there is for a mobile DJ

good post and nice to see someone using it in other parts of the world.... maybe gibson could realise we want to be part of a dj community.

Hey Guys thank you for your enthusiasm with the Stanton SCS.4DJ.

Stanton has released four updates of the SC-IX operating system for the SCS.4DJ since launch. We continue to listen to user demand from many different sources and examine the opportunities ahead. We appreciate your input and support and our team are excited about the future. If public beta software becomes available, this forum will hear about it first and be given the opportunity to join the program.

I also wanted to say that we are on the forum and listen to you guys! You know I am always on and check out the posts I can help out with.

To be honest - I've been watching this forum like almost every day to see if the update is available. Unfortunately there isn't, but that doesn't render the current version worthless (at least not to me, and my best guess is, to a lot others too). Last week I did a little 'home' disco for the kids with the outputs to my home cinema set, SCS on my lap, jammed for a couple of hours which was awesome fun.

This night I prepared for another gig, having top 40 songs since 2002 prepared, holding over 8000 songs... Using the search function and a little wireless keyboard, I can look up like almost every song people request. Or I use my prepared playlist with songs which I know people will like. All this without bringing a laptop, external mixer. Just one bag with SCS, mic and 2 USB keys.

But that all doesn't stop me from being very curious on what features are put in the next version... ;-)

Edit: did the 3 hour gig last night - no issues at all, no hangs, music all night :-).

Edited by bouke

Hey Guys thank you for your enthusiasm with the Stanton SCS.4DJ.

Stanton has released four updates of the SC-IX operating system for the SCS.4DJ since launch. We continue to listen to user demand from many different sources and examine the opportunities ahead. We appreciate your input and support and our team are excited about the future. If public beta software becomes available, this forum will hear about it first and be given the opportunity to join the program.

I also wanted to say that we are on the forum and listen to you guys! You know I am always on and check out the posts I can help out with.

Sorry Gibson, but your reply sounds like a statement release from a foreign ministry, lots of words but no new or useful info.

Yes indeed Stanton has released 4 updates and I tried them all (note Gibson has released none), v1 was crap, v2 was irritating and slow, v3 acceptable for bedroom dj's and v4 just about good for live performance. You can't conciser these as four updates.

The SCS4 should have been released for sale with a stable firmware like v4 in the first place, but Stanton was in a hurry, and I'm sure that they knew that all the way and therefore the rapid release for updates as v1 to v3 would have been detrimental to sales, but now that we have a working firmware I think the updates are over. But is v4 good for the future, only time would tell with new all-in-one hardware coming out from pioneer and the likes???

Can you simply tell us if there is to be a new firmware update soon, this to save us time checking the forum almost every day and to spend more time accommodating ourselves with v4 limitations.

Simply YES OR NO answer please.

I just can't wait for the next update! The last one stepped up the game alot just would love it if we could use multiple effects at one time

Don't hold your breath. If you read between the lines of proaudiotech's last response it appears that there will be no more updates. Apparently "next level" was all hype. Maybe Penguin can come out from hiding under her desk and clear things up?

Guest Professorbx

Don't hold your breath. If you read between the lines of proaudiotech's last response it appears that there will be no more updates. Apparently "next level" was all hype. Maybe Penguin can come out from hiding under her desk and clear things up?

Penguin has moved on. So have I. There are people there on both teams. There was an update. I have it. It is dope. Right now it is on those involved if they want to put it out.

Hey All,

Sorry you all felt I gave you the "generic" response. But very simple we have no updates yet but the UNIT is working well. With the last update most everyone is very happy.

Please post what features you would like to see and we will note them down. That's the best thing to do to move forward. There have been a lot of posts for future enhancement ideas so keep them coming!

proaudiotech,

We've all been told on here that Professorbx and Penguin have worked on a new update. It was claimed that it was supposed to be a game-changer. I've checked this forum everyday hoping that it was posted. Now you're stating that there is no update. What's going on here? If I knew this was the case, I would have gotten rid of the unit a long time ago. Don't get me wrong, the scs.4dj is good with the 4.01 firmware, but it's not great. We on here were hoping for great.

Oh well fellow followers, I guess we're S.O.L. Time to move on, nothing to look forward to.

1 - most important "loop issue". The loop isn't a full bar, its a little to short.

2 - adding new songs. I have 17GB library right now and it's groving. Everytime i want to add some new tracks i need to reanalize my whole library, then remake playlists (with other names than old playlist because scs won't see new songs). Try to find a way to do it faster (without "checking for existing analise")

3 - blue color of the taped bpm ;)

4 - maybe some new effects? (we could change them in the system menu) for example gatter

5 - I have some wierd issue. 2 of my friend have scs.4dj (because i recomended it to them) and when i want to put my pendrive to another scs it doesn't see tracks in my playlist. Its same when my friend tried to put pendrive on my scs. There was no tracks on playlists but on his scs it was all good. Of course I used "create device playlists" function and it works but please check this issue.

6 - Sometimes my scs freezes. For example when I search for some track, then I want to go to waveform and I can't. I need to go to search again, back, and then to waveform. Other "freeze" is sometimes when I load a new song and the waveform doesn't change for a while. I have to roll a jog back or forwand to make the waveform refresh.

Those are some issues that I find and some ideas for the future. I'm really happy with the 4.1 update but honestly saying i can't wait for the new soft because You said that It will be great. Good luck and we are waiting :D

v1r00z, normally you can make the bar longer by pressing X next to the reloop button, or isn't that what you mean ? For example press loop then 3 times the X and you'll get a loop of 8 times 4 beats. Grtz. ;)

But very simple we have no updates yet but the UNIT is working well. With the last update most everyone is very happy.

Simply not true. Beat grid has never worked properly and we were told by 2 former employees that an incredible update had been finished. What's going on with that update? Why are you not releasing it? Will beat grid ever be fixed? Most of the "happy" users are the ones who are only scratching the surface of what the UNIT is supposed to be capable of.

Simply not true. Beat grid has never worked properly and we were told by 2 former employees that an incredible update had been finished. What's going on with that update? Why are you not releasing it? Will beat grid ever be fixed? Most of the "happy" users are the ones who are only scratching the surface of what the UNIT is supposed to be capable of.

+1!!! Beat grid is brutal for sure. It is the most frustrating aspect of this unit! I've spent too much time playing with the BPM function trying to fix it. This is just one requested fix, what about all the features that have been requested by everyone for a while now?

Hey All,

Sorry you all felt I gave you the "generic" response. But very simple we have no updates yet but the UNIT is working well. With the last update most everyone is very happy.

Please post what features you would like to see and we will note them down. That's the best thing to do to move forward. There have been a lot of posts for future enhancement ideas so keep them coming!

Hi.

1. A good function may be Beat Jump (As Traktor's). On press key (for Example Scratch and Pitch+ or Pitch-) track position jumping at 4 beats foward or backward.

2. Also to show at track navigation HotCues and full track Diagram

3. To mark played tracks at this session by grey color

Thanks

post-51604-047700200 1379189922_thumb.png

post-51604-093746500 1379189929_thumb.png