Gibson Brands Forums

Bozeman Guitar Warranty..

merseybeat1963

It seems I was mistaken in thinking Gibson had reverted all they're Bozeman Acoustics to lifetime warranty coverage...as C.F.Martin had done.

For a few years CF Martin reduced they're warranty to a 1 year or was it 5 year warranty..,I think it was in the mid 80's...,later, they reversed that and reverted those to lifetime for original owner as well.

I got this impression because in 2004 Bozeman gave me an RA # and I was told they stand behind it guitar (15 years after purchase)

From my little experience with Martins Guarantee to the original owner,it seems they stand above, and Martin is an advantage in that respect.

Gibson Acoustic Gold Warranty

Your new Gibson instrument is warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the life of the original retail purchaser, subject to the limitations contained in this warranty.

If at any time this Gibson instrument malfunctions as a result of faulty materials or workmanship, Gibson will repair the defect(s) or replace the instrument, as it deems appropriate in its sole discretion. Gibson reserves the right to use materials regularly utilized at the time of repair in the event that original materials are no longer available, If replacement of your instrument is deemed appropriate by our staff, Gibson will replace the instrument with one of the same or most similar style of a value not in excess of the original purchase price of your instrument.

This warranty covers the cost of both labor and materials on any repair deemed necessary by our Customer Service Representative for the lifetime of the original purchaser. In the unlikely event that your instrument is destroyed, lost or damaged beyond repair, while in the possession of Gibson for repair,Gibson will replace that instrument with one of the same or most similar style of a value not in excess of the original purchase price of your instrument. Any insurance covering the instrument, including but not limited to collector's value insurance, must be carried by owner at owner's expense.

THIS WARRANTY IS EXTENDED TO THE ORIGINAL RETAIL PURCHASER ONLY AND MAY NOT BE TRANSFERRED OR ASSIGNED TO SUBSEQUENT OWNERS. IN ORDER TO VALIDATE YOUR WARRANTY, AND AS A CONDITION PRECEDENT TO WARRANTY COVERAGE HEREUNDER, YOU MUST RETURN YOUR WARRANTY REGISTRATION CARD WITHIN FIFTEEN (15) DAYS FOLLOWING THE ORIGINAL DATE OF PURCHASE. YOUR PROOF OF PURCHASE OR SALES RECEIPT MUST ACCOMPANY ALL REQUESTS FOR WARRANTY COVERAGE.

This Warranty Is Subject To The Following Limitations

THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER:

Any instrument that has been altered or modified in any way or upon which the serial number has been tampered with or altered.

Any instrument whose warranty card has been altered or upon which false information has been given.

Any instrument that has been damaged due to misuse, negligence, accident, or improper operation.

The subjective issue of tonal characteristics.

Shipping damages of any kind.

Any instrument that has been subjected to extremes of humidity or temperature

Normal wear and tear (i.e., worn frets, worn machine heads, worn plating, string replacement, scratched pickguards, or damages to or discoloration of the instrument finish for any reason).

Any instrument that has been purchased from an unauthorized dealer, or upon which unauthorized repair or service has been performed.

Any factory installed electronics after a period of one (I) year following the original date of purchase.

Cracking, discoloration or damage of any sort to the finish or plating for any reason.

Gibson does not warranty the playability of a instrument whose "action" is lower than the standard "action" as defined in the owners manual.

GIBSON MAKES NO OTHER EXPRESS WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER. ALL IMPLIED, WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, EXCEEDING THE SPECIFIC PROVISIONS OF THIS WARRANTY ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED AND EXCLUDED FROM THIS WARRANTY. SOME STATES AND/OR COUNTRIES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO THAT THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.

GIBSON SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR OTHER SIMILAR DAMAGES SUFFERED BY THE PURCHASER OR ANY THIRD PARTY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION. DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS OR BUSINESS OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE INSTRUMENT, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR IN TORT, EVEN IF GIBSON OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND GIBSON SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY EXPENSES, CLAIMS, OR SUITS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO ANY OF THE FOREGOING.

**Customers who purchased product outside the U.S should contact their local distributor for the handling and resolution of all warranty issues as the above-described Gibson Gold Warranty is not applicable.

How To Obtain Warranty Service

In the event of malfunction of your Gibson instrument, you should notify your nearest Authorized Gibson Dealer.

The Dealer or Owner must ship the instrument, freight and insurance pre-paid, to the nearest Authorized Gibson Service Center. If there is no Authorized Gibson Service Center near you, contact or have your dealer contact Gibson for information and an authorization to return the Instrument to Gibson. No instrument may be returned to Gibson without such prior Return Authorization. Only Authorized Gibson Service Centers may perform warranty service and any service performed by unauthorized persons will void this warranty. Gibson disclaims liability for defects or damage caused by services performed by unauthorized persons or non-warranty service not performed by Gibson or an Authorized Gibson Service Center.

When contacting Gibson, you must include a complete written description of the malfunction of the instrument. If non-warranty work is required or recommended by Gibson, a quotation will be issued and must be approved by you before any non-warranty work is commenced. You should consider quotations obtained for non-warranty work immediately and advise the Authorized Gibson Service Center or Gibson of your wishes. You are not required to purchase non-warranty work in order to obtain service on materials covered by this warranty.

Following its inspection of an instrument upon its arrival, Gibson or the Authorized Gibson Service Center will advise you or your dealer of the approximate date of completion. The repaired instrument or part will be returned to you or your dealer, freight collect insured.

No representative or other person is authorized to assume for Gibson any liability except as stated in this warranty. This warranty gives you specific rights which vary from state to state or from country to country.

For further information, write:

Customer Service Dept.,

Gibson Guitar Corp.

PO Box 100087

Nashville, TN 37210-0087

Phone: 1-800-4GIBSON

Email: service@gibson.com

In the past...for much of a century..Martins warranty went beyond this long contract you have posted... with the simple "we'll take care of it"...

Ive called upon it on 3 occations with 4 new ones.

It was(im not sure now)the greatest warranty ever offered.

If not for that Martin benchmark Gibson would never have offered such a thing.

• 4 weeks later...

An update on this posting that Id like you guys to know about.

Though the very early Bozeman Acoustic guitars were warranted for only 5 years instead of the since lifetime...

Gibson will often still stand behind a guitar to its original owner in many cases..and they have here.

I tell you there is an angel watching over us in this forum.

23 years later...my truss rod stuck in place,Gibson stands behind it.

No wonder through out the 90's, in its early days when I took it in for neck adjustment (NY), the repair guy always said..its good like that,don't touch it..the damn thing was stuck !

The relief,which most would consider perfect, was no good for me & it caused me so much hassle over the years.

Anyway..the Gibson authorized guy freed it as the bolt was rusted on to the threads of rod somehow . He made the neck straight as an arrow, now it plays like an L5...THAT is what I was after.

A touch less height at the nut slots & a slightly taller saddle..and it'll be perfect.

Being this is the first Bozeman acoustic guitar (Prototype A J200) its important it survives, intact.

We took it to the right guy for this (Arpeggio/Ron/near Philadelphia)..Also he seems to be good at setting up guitars for easy play : ) Good guy to take guitar to for a set up if you are near him.

Thanks Gibson.

Ill make it up to you : )

Well I had nut slots carved low..to go with the just about perfectly straight neck and it plays like my L5.And pretty much where I want it.

I am so damn happy..

What a long trip its been..

First I got Ivory blank ($25)..drive 95 miles each way to Lowden auth service guy to make bridge,goes too low by mistake and makes bone one instead,even though there was a bone one in there to start with ! ($40) flop

Drive it to Martin Auth guy (35 miles) to show raise at end of fingerboard who says neck relief is a bit much but truss rod stuck...call Gibson...may break

Call around no hope till here on forum Gibson extends helping hand to sort it..THANKS G I B SO N : )

Drive 105 miles back & forth ,twice..to Authorized good Gibson guy.

Neck sorted & made perfectly straight(Thanks Gibson)..but level raise/hump of frets ($100)..

Get home Opps..nut slots not low enough..35 miles each way to Martin auth guy $35.

Now we are talkin

Now...using the too low Ivory but with a shim under it...should get Mr.Colosi to make me a one piece one..that will be $46..or one in full by Ron $60 ..that I'll be next.

Propelling a 6000lb vehicle those distances is pricey too.

In the end perseverance is the only way to go..and the money to do it..

All this to get that low action..a Bluegrass guy would a said perfect to the way it was before.

The key for me seems to be the nearly straight neck...screw the relief.

My wife says oh my..all those guitars you sold that this would have been solution.

Archived