Gibson Brands Forums

EBM4

eggs

Nah. Not really a good price considering that the 5-string was only $379-ish USD retail new. And especially considering that these basses were prone to pre-amp malfunctions and inherently scratchy pots that are mounted to a circuitboard. Add that to this guitar being almost 20 years old, completely stock and has signs of wear. =;

If this was new/old stock and a 5-string, it could be considered a reasonable price. This bass should go for about $250 + shipping. Tops. That would make this bass cost about $300 total and that is even pushing it a bit. I'll be amazed if it sells for $399 + shipping.

From time to time, I see them. It seems to go in spurts. For another price comparison, the Expert-6, which is a high-end EBM with better 'everything', only resells for about $300. Construction-wise, these blow the pants off of the 4 & 5 string versions, but I think that being a 6-string model, the price stays low because most people dont play a 6-string bass.

If the electronics in the EBMs were better, I could see the price rising a little considering that they are a bit uncommon. But with such shoddy guts, they will never increase in price very much outside of inflation. He may just sell it for that much, but its not an honest price.

Archived