Gibson Brands Forums

Interesting Info on gibson acoustics

JuanCarlosVejar

I came across some videos that appear to have been recorded around last year .

Ren plays and talks some really interesting stuff about how they got the wood and his traveling and new lacquer development

man it's really something different (for me) to hear him speak about and play those guitars himself

That AJ sure was interesting--the choice of woods, the finishing technique, and the sound. I wonder if such a model is available in the US, or rather, why it isn't?

All those guitars sounded great.

Thanks, JCV!

Red 333

Red ,

The AJ was available in the US . contact a 5 star dealer they might still have some of those =D

JC

Thanks for the vids Juan!

I have one of those AJ's(75th anniversary) and the J-185(60th anniversary). Simply beautiful! The J-185 is a dream to play, has a sweet tone but don't have the boldness of the AJ. I might even say the J-45(standard) I have can't compete with the AJ. Bold words I know.

Both the AJ & the J-185 were bought at my local 5 star Gibson dealer(Reid's Music). The J-45 bought at a local brick & mortar store.

I also put on layaway a (only 60 made) Hummingbird at the 5 star dealer as well. Here's a pic: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SD12LTD (scroll down)

Teer

I came across some videos that appear to have been recorded around last year .

Ren plays and talks some really interesting stuff about how they got the wood and his traveling and new lacquer development

man it's really something different (for me) to hear him speak about and play those guitars himself

Honduran Mah for the body of the Hummingbird...and these are probably better than any of the ones from the 1960's.Nice.

I dont have a mah guitar..but then again, I dont have a job either : )

Ah..so the H&D DS Braz/adi I have seems to be patterned after that 30's AJ..I knew it was a Gibson but was not sure which one.

When Im playing the J200, Lowden F or Martin D42 my friend nods at me to play some lead I always decline cause I can hardly hear my self in single notes...cause my friend attacks his guitar really heavily.

But when I use that Slope Shouldered guitar I do enjoy some lead cause it really renders the other guitars almost impotent & they wimper aside : )

Maybe this why the last time they decided to bring over a Bose PA to plug they're acoustics into..I saw that ..put acoustic away, pulled out a Les Paul & plugged into a Tweed Bassman. meow.

Archived