Gibson Brands Forums

got this new japan fugigen made les paul

idleweed

hey guy,s im trying to figure out what i got here,,its a 2003 fugigen factory in japan made epiphone les paul cherry burst flame top wilkonson tuners and hardware no markings on the plactic plate covering the truss rod,its heavy as well,on the back of the neck it says limited edition custom shop,serial is f307 then its hard to make the other 2 numbers but it looks like 31 and the last one looks like a 2, there is also another stamping that says used and its stamped the same as the serial number meaning its under the lacker,,it looks great flawless,,and plays and sounds as good as my old classic 60 gibson i had.

What you have is a Les Paul made at the Fine Guitars plant in Korea. The only Japanese Epiphones made in Japan during the 2000's were the Elitists. They had an Elitist stamp on them where your "Limited Edition " stamp is located. No Japanese Epiphones had the "Limited Edition" stamp on the whatsoever.

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/54419-id-your-epiphone-here-serial-key-guitardater-link-factory-codes-a-worldwide-guide-part-3/

Hard to I.D. without pics. If it is a Fuji-Gen LP it would have an open-book headstock ala Gibson. If not I would agree that it is Korean made.

Actually Epi L.P. Standards were made in Japan up to 2006.I own a 2000 L.P. MIJ:

EpiLPlatest.jpg

The Epiphones made at the Fine plant also started with an "F" or "FN". The only way your guitar could be Japanese with the normal Epiphone headstock is if it was a Yamanno-Gakki made guitar with a 3-bolt neck. You would see a rubber cap on the back of the guitar covering one screw and the other two would be in the neck pickup cavity. But again, it wouldnt have the Limited Edition stamp.

Also, guitar dater is incorrect. Its is usually incorrect. It only covers a small range of guitars and doesnt take into account for many serial numbers. If your guitar was made at Fuji-Gen, the serial number would be stamped into the headstock (not printed), and it would say "Made in Japan" underneath the serial number. Again, the exception would be the Yamanno-Gakki guitars, but they still say "Made in Japan" on them.

The "USED" stamp indicates that the guitar was a factory second, meaning that it originally had some type of flaw (likely with the finishing - like a run in the paint or a chip or something) and they couldnt sell it as a "new" guitar. A factory refurbished guitar would have a secondary serial number label over top of the original serial number.

yea it is a korean made and i think its a EPIPHONE LIMITED EDITION 1960 LES PAUL STANDARD cause those came with wilkonson tuners from the pics i looked at so the mystery is solved ,,as long as it play and sounds great i really dont care were it was made but i am a little disapointed cause i wasd told that it was made in japan wen i bouth it. thanks for all the great help guy,s..

yea it is a korean made and i think its a EPIPHONE LIMITED EDITION 1960 LES PAUL STANDARD cause those came with wilkonson tuners from the pics i looked at so the mystery is solved ,,as long as it play and sounds great i really dont care were it was made but i am a little disapointed cause i wasd told that it was made in japan wen i bouth it. thanks for all the great help guy,s..

I don't think you understand.

If it was a 1960 LP Standard, it would have been made in China in the Quingdao Plant.

If it is a 2003 it won't be a 1960 Standard.

• 4 weeks later...

well thanks guys but yea i finaly sourced out my epi,, and it is a 2010 les paul 1960 classic 50th anniversary model,,,the serial number on these are misleading the f dont stand for japan and the 3 is not 2003 ,and yes these were limited edition custom shop guitars, the used stamp means it was given away to someone as a gift or a sample and that is why the last 3 digits in serial number or erased aswell, ha,,it as malory tone capacitors, burstbucker 1 and 2,willckonson delux tuners,real good heavy duty 3 way switch and volume tone knobs that will last for ever, and she is a beauty to look at, but what i realy like about this guitar is the sound that comes out of it.

Archived