Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
oddwod

Headphone preview problem

Hi All, I have just bought the DJC.4 and am currently using it with the Mac. At the moment I only have it connected by USB and the sound is currently output from the Mac speakers. Trouble is I cant preview any track through the headphones. I can listen to all 4 channels and preview through the Mac or I can listen to all 4 channels and preview through the headphones, but I cant listen to all 4 channels through the Mac and then preview through the headphones. Is this normal? If not then does anyone know how to set the sound card config? I just want to make sure I dont have a bust unit before I go out and buy some decent speakers to output from the DJC4 directly!

Hi Oddwod,

See the quickstart guide for the DJC.4 at http://www.stantondj.com/stanton-controllers-systems/djc4.html - then go to the "Support" tab to find this.

From the QS guide;

"For Master/Cue output configuration (hearing in your headphones and speakers through the DJC.4), please configure your outputs in

the Virtual DJ setup menu as seen below:" (see attached)

DJC4 tip.JPG

Thanks for the reply, but with this set up, sound can only be heard through the headphones (when the Headphones Mix dial is not turned all the way to Cue that is). Or I can Cue (preview) them through the headphones as normal. But I can't get any sound through the Mac speakers via the USB.

The only way I can get sound through the Mac speakers via USB it seems is to set Sound Card > 4-OUT CARD > 'Built-in Output', but with this way I can't Cue through the headphones.

How to set it up on Traktor though? Cause I've been trrying to sort it out for ages :c

Im using Macbook Air do I need an external sound card or anything like that?

Please help :xxxxxx

In Traktor you will 1st need to select the DJC.4 device as the primary sound card.

Selecting appropriate Master and Headphone outputs.

Then using the MIDI mapping manager withing Traktor load the .TSI

Traktor Mapping Layout Here

TSI File Here

Depending on the version of Traktor you may / may not be able to make modifications (If you have Traktor Pro you should have complete control) Pun intended [thumbup]