Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tman

Fender's acoustic custom shop

man these fender acoustics certainly don't appeal to me.

The prices are at a big premium too. i don't know...

The bridges remind me of

fenderAcoustic_zpsd77fa071.jpg

I played one of em when back in Oz for Xmas, very average to say the least. The Guild on the other hand was pretty cool, at a relatively budget price.

Guest J-Doug

Awful just freakin awful. I hope Ren is getting something good out of his relationship with Fender. I was expecting a breath of fresh air with Ren's arrival but it looks like we aren't getting it. For his sake I hope they sound A LOT better than they look.

Awful just freakin awful. I hope Ren is getting something good out of his relationship with Fender. I was expecting a breath of fresh air with Ren's arrival but it looks like we aren't getting it. For his sake I hope they sound A LOT better than they look.

I think so far most of Ren's input has been devoted to Guild. For example, he was very involved in designing the Doyle Dykes model as well as the newly introduced Orpheum series of Guilds.:

http://www.doyledykes.com/

http://www.guildguitars.com/instruments/?bodyShape=Dreadnought

As to the Fender pictured above, I'd love to be able to afford one just to show up at a bluegrass jam and watch the faces of all the Martin purists... :)

Brad

brad4d8...i've never been to a bluegrass "jam"... but I was thinking about attending one this year and bringing my Pete Townsend J200. Is that something you would advise against?? After all... it is electric

Nothing against the guitars but I have never liked the look of a strat style head stock on an acoustic

Dman,

my thoughts exactly,

Tman

The Koa guitar looks pretty cool (I mean it this time). The artist series not so cool.