Gibson Brands Forums

AlbertJohn......RIP...... Happy memories

Johnt

There seems to be no rhyme nor reason.... "dumbfounded" is a good word
. It can be like that, those thoughts running around in your brain. The poet Mary Karr, who got pretty far out on the limb, noted that “I have a disease whose defining symptom is believing you dont have a disease” and that “my head thinks it can kill me and go on living without me (Karr, Lit)” Peace, Albert John. And for anyone else checking in who might be plagued obsessive thoughts, I hope you can find a way to break out of the loop. Rambler

Words fall so short. "everything seemed fine". Life IS so fragile.

We lost one of us. May someone play Peter's guitar for him.

Thank you Johnt, and spot-on, Rmblr.

Peace to Peter. Love to those still here.

(going outside now to look at the barren trees)

Six years back, a close co-worker killed herself. Two children, Ph.D in nursing. It made no sense. But, she was on anti-depressants and stopped taking them cold turkey. Although a Nursing School Professor who should have known better - it put her into a downward spiral she could not recover from. Life is too fragile, and when we are reminded of it by a close friend or colleague, we can never forget.

A Eulogy from Peters friend Robbie Gladwell

Here with Robbies permission

For my dear friend Peter Forsey RIP.

In the words of the song Peter, 'Wish you were here'

I enjoyed the years we shared together playing around the pubs and clubs of north Essex.

You reached such a good standard on guitar and your singing was getting to be really good :-)

I will miss you terribly!

I just hope that your guitars and amps have gone up to 'Nirvana' with you - you won't be short of good players to form a band with! If you need a reference, let me know.

Keep in touch if you can... it doesn't matter how you do it.... all your mates would love to hear from you.

Love & peace, Robbie

Robbie on left,Ash in middle.Peter on right

Robbie on left,Ash in middle.Peter on right

What a sad loss for friends, family, and those he impacted upon. Every time this happens, I ask to be spared the feeling of hopelessness that must drive someone to this point.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived