Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mbean90

Gibson TB-JR '1922'

I have a tenor banjo that a friend loaned me that I might be purchasing and I was just looking to get some information about the instrument. He says it's a Gibson TB-JR from 1922. The headstock does not look like any Gibson I've seen before and I feel like the neck might have just been replaced with an off brand. The pot/rim appears to be a true Gibson because of the Gibson sticker on the inside. I don't really care one way or the other because the instrument is very solid, I just like to know about instruments I own/plan to purchase. The serial number is 11503-10

post-53364-036897300 1360280779_thumb.jpg

I have a tenor banjo that a friend loaned me that I might be purchasing and I was just looking to get some information about the instrument. He says it's a Gibson TB-JR from 1922. The headstock does not look like any Gibson I've seen before and I feel like the neck might have just been replaced with an off brand. The pot/rim appears to be a true Gibson because of the Gibson sticker on the inside. I don't really care one way or the other because the instrument is very solid, I just like to know about instruments I own/plan to purchase. The serial number is 11503-10

There's not much that we have available on the Junior models, unfortunately. The neck could indeed be a replacement, but the # provided does date to 1922-1925 which is when the TB-Jr. was available before it was replaced by the TB-0 later in 1925.