Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone else obsessed with these?

btoth76

Hello Versatile!

I don't like multis that much. I haven't found one yet that doesn't sounds boxy. Of course, there are hundreds I haven't tried yet...

I have this Zoom mini multi. Sometimes I connect it into the Ibanez chain, if I want to add the harmonizer effect.

Cheers... Bence

Hello Versatile!

I don't like multis that much. I haven't found one yet that doesn't sounds boxy. Of course, there are hundreds I haven't tried yet...

I have this Zoom mini multi. Sometimes I connect it into the Ibanez chain, if I want to add the harmonizer effect.

Cheers... Bence

Many of my gigging friends have a Boss ME50...I have a Boss ME70...

IMO really excellent accessible fx...with stereo outs lending more atmosphere to delay, chorus, phaser etc

Great VFM for the price of 3-4 stomp-boxes... [thumbup]

V

:-({|=

No not the least bit obsessed with them. If they were really any good you wouldn't need so many. 2 Chorus, 4 distortions, 3 delays, flanger, phaser, and octave and an equalizer? It's overkill. Do you even know what your guitar sounds like anymore?

Hello Bence!

Very nice collection; they are good pedals and now quite rare. I have the Ibanez pocket manual vol 3 for the 'power' series which lists 16 guitar pedals plus the LS10 loop selector, 5 bass pedals and vol and wah pedals.

The DCF10 digital chorus flanger is the 'Steve Khan' pedal! But I don't see it or the Session Man (distortion/ chorus) in your photos - is this because you don't like digital or because you haven't been able to find one yet?

EDIT - now I notice you have 2 of the digital ones.

These guys have lots of them.

http://www.tonehome.de/10-series-power.html

http://www.dirk-hendrik.com/ibanez.html

You must take a look!

I have two DCF10s as I love Steve Khan's tone and playing.

I also had the SC10 Stereo Chorus which even after I got it modded wasn't nearly as good as the preceding one, the very simple 2-knob CSL (think that was it) stereo chorus...which is yet another thing I should never have sold.

These pedals do come up on ebay occasionally, usually in very used and scratched condition and often overpriced now!

Regards!

No not the least bit obsessed with them. If they were really any good you wouldn't need so many. 2 Chorus, 4 distortions, 3 delays, flanger, phaser, and octave and an equalizer? It's overkill. Do you even know what your guitar sounds like anymore?

People can use whatever they want in their rig. There is no need to be so hostile.

Bence, you seem to be going in the opposite direction, from me? [biggrin]

I'm getting rid of pedals, instead of acquiring more. LOL But...I've been

there, done that, so...now I'm back to a more "basic" (guitar/Amp) set up.

Although, I DO still use some, a Boss Rotary pedal, a Wah-Wah,

a "Compressor/Sustain" pedal, for the Ric 12-string, mostly. And, a Fuzz

or overdrive IF/When, the song calls for it. But, more and more, I'm opting

for just guitar and amp! It's all I really used, in "the Sixties!" Of course

we really "cranked" our amps, back then...wide open, mostly...and controlled

the volume at the guitar. I still love that approach...I just use smaller amps

now. No more 200 Watt Marshall Major Stacks! ;) LOL [biggrin]

Cheers,

CB

I think many might have missed the point of the thread- this guy is a COLLECTER of these.

I am definitely familiar with the -10 series. One of my favorites and most useful is a slightly modded TS-10.

I also remember them ALL well, as when I was a young kid and working at GC ('88-'89), these were the current pedals.

One thing I can say about them, they are definitely quiet and of high quality. Also, they have many pedals in that series that do a job no others do, and some that do it the best.

Compared to the -9 series, they are generally thinner and cleaner sounding and cleaner sounding. Some pedals that one would want more "fatness" would be looking away from these, but those wanting clean and natural might find some of these the best option, had they took the time to look for them and check them out.

There is a lot I don't know. I understand some are made in Japan, and some in Korea and Taiwan. And to be honest, I don't know if there are any differences between them, or which would be better.

Archived