Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Custom Shop

Bongus The Dog

Need better pics than that. There are a few concerns. I have never seen a Custom Shop LP with a wraparound other than a LP JR.

I think this guitar is a fake, and unless the seller has SOLID documentation to back it up, stay away.

Need better pics than that. There are a few concerns. I have never seen a Custom Shop LP with a wraparound other than a LP JR.

Tx for your comment...the guy who is selling the guitar told me this guitar has the specs of the Jeff Beck model, the wraparound without tune o matic, like the photo. Basically my main doubt is about the serial number

post-53398-016233300 1360383348_thumb.jpg

The pics really aren't that good, and it makes it real hard to tell details and shapes'

There is, some things that don't seem right about that guitar. And for something that "out there" as far as specs (top wood, maple neck with black markers just to start)...for something that wierd, you need more than just an explanation "it's a Custom Shop".

I can't say for 100% sure because of the bad pics, but on the surface, it doesn't look like a Gibson made guitar.

There are so many things odd about that guitar it's difficult to see any similarities to a 'regular' Les Paul.

As Stein says; "...for something that wierd, you need more than just an explanation "it's a Custom Shop"..."

...Basically my main doubt is about the serial number...

Really? Why? What is it?

My main concern would be the maple fingerboard with black trap inlays. I've never seen nor even heard of that combination being used on any Gibson in the entire history of the company.

There have been Les Paul Customs made with maple 'boards, of course, but these had the same square block pearl markers as the ebony 'board Customs.

P.

When sketchy photos (too small, poorly lit, and bad angles) are provided a red flag goes up.

When sketchy descriptions and/or documentation are provided another red flag goes up.

There's a chance that might be a Custom Shop . . . a small chance. As has been commented, there are too many unusual things on that one.

Here's the Gibson Custom Jeff Beck 1954 Les Paul Oxblood - consequently IMO the fretboard and finish on the guitar in question are red flags. That's four, and that would cause me to pass. Unless the seller can provide solid documentation I think you should avoid this one.

d4f4d5a9-ee4a-4f2f-b248-5b225b3da02e.jpg

Just my opinion but based on what I can see, their are a few problems:

# MAPLE fretboard with red/brown inlays

# The top is like marble compared to the pure colour of the link

# The Gibson logo is "miles" away from the tuners unlike in the link

Other than that the tuners are different spec and the back plate looks a little to much like a perfect diamond

Just my opinion but based on what I can see, their are a few problems:

# MAPLE fretboard with red/brown inlays

# The top is like marble compared to the pure colour of the link

# The Gibson logo is "miles" away from the tuners unlike in the link

Other than that the tuners are different spec and the back plate looks a little to much like a perfect diamond

Tx a lot for your detailed comments!

When sketchy photos (too small, poorly lit, and bad angles) are provided a red flag goes up.

When sketchy descriptions and/or documentation are provided another red flag goes up.

There's a chance that might be a Custom Shop . . . a small chance. As has been commented, there are too many unusual things on that one.

Here's the Gibson Custom Jeff Beck 1954 Les Paul Oxblood - consequently IMO the fretboard and finish on the guitar in question are red flags. That's four, and that would cause me to pass. Unless the seller can provide solid documentation I think you should avoid this one.

d4f4d5a9-ee4a-4f2f-b248-5b225b3da02e.jpg

Tx a lot

The pics really aren't that good, and it makes it real hard to tell details and shapes'

There is, some things that don't seem right about that guitar. And for something that "out there" as far as specs (top wood, maple neck with black markers just to start)...for something that wierd, you need more than just an explanation "it's a Custom Shop".

I can't say for 100% sure because of the bad pics, but on the surface, it doesn't look like a Gibson made guitar.

TX a lot.

tx a lot

Archived