Gibson Brands Forums

NGD! 2007 Gibson Les Paul Studio

crazytrain513

So as some of you may know, I picked up a new 2012 Les Paul Studio Satin a little over three months ago. For some reason though I just couldn't seem to bond with her (Aria Speedwagon was her name) so regretfully, I sold her.

And as I'm a huge Randy Rhoads fan (can you tell?) I picked up a 2007 Les Paul Studio in alpine white a couple days ago. She was disgusting, with sweat and random junk caking the body. Fortunately though, no scratches/dings/buckle-rash save a single small finish crack on the headstock. So I sent her over to the luthier and here she is, all cleaned up and polished.

image_zps10a168e3.jpeg

image4_zpse71e8eb1.jpeg

image1_zps875e024d.jpeg

image5_zps70141dd0.jpeg

image6_zps225815b6.jpeg

image3_zpse48f4057.jpeg

image7_zps175d285a.jpeg

Very nice. [thumbup]

By the way, looks like your cat has something to say [biggrin]

My goodness how did you notice that? That's an amazing eye you have there vega [thumbup] but thank you.

purty! I always thought the Alpine White Studios were the grooviest studios made.

There's definitely something special about them! Thanks!

• 1 year later...

So as some of you may know, I picked up a new 2012 Les Paul Studio Satin a little over three months ago. For some reason though I just couldn't seem to bond with her (Aria Speedwagon was her name) so regretfully, I sold her.

And as I'm a huge Randy Rhoads fan (can you tell?) I picked up a 2007 Les Paul Studio in alpine white a couple days ago. She was disgusting, with sweat and random junk caking the body. Fortunately though, no scratches/dings/buckle-rash save a single small finish crack on the headstock. So I sent her over to the luthier and here she is, all cleaned up and polished.

image_zps10a168e3.jpeg

image4_zpse71e8eb1.jpeg

image1_zps875e024d.jpeg

image5_zps70141dd0.jpeg

image6_zps225815b6.jpeg

image3_zpse48f4057.jpeg

image7_zps175d285a.jpeg

I have the exact same guitar. Same year and everything. I was just wondering why you prefer the ebony fretboard over rosewood?

Archived