Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nonsequitur

NGD - 2012 Les Paul Standard - Trans Black.

I had been waiting for this to come, and the knock finally happened! My wife even set up a chair near the door this morning, as a joke... I am so pleased I am posting this everywhere! [biggrin]

Here is the New Gear/Guitar, my first Les Paul with binding!

223487_488409261195263_912399214_n.jpg

603984_488409314528591_1119392270_n.jpg

5629_488409444528578_198117008_n.jpg

563045_488409597861896_1793933325_n.jpg

I know the NGD threads are a dime a dozen, but the best NGD posts are when you get to post them! Thanks for looking! [thumbup]

• Upvote 2

Oh dear, that's classier than I expected.

Binding? you went all out. That's a full bore, all out STANDARD, complete with everything LP.

Is it your first flametop? If so, that's a rite of passage.

Oh dear, that's classier than I expected.

Binding? you went all out. That's a full bore, all out STANDARD, complete with everything LP.

Is it your first flametop? If so, that's a rite of passage.

Aye, this is only my second Gibson. My first Les Paul was a 1993 Wine Red Studio, which is a fantastic guitar. I was going to order a 2013 Alpine White Studio when this Standard caught my eye, so to speak, and I fell in love with the idea of being able to get a Translucent Black Standard!

Wow! That is one VERY classy looking guitar!

Many congrats and a fine choice.

Is the mahogany part of the guitar black? It's not quite clear in the snaps but if it is then that will look very good indeed IMHO.

And I like the choice of colour for the plastic parts. Are they cream or pure white? Ditto the binding?

(Although I can't help wondering what it would look like with a set of black/chrome insert hat-box knobs.)

Due to my playing style I've always been a p'g on guy but if I had a beauty like that I'm not sure I wouldn't try to learn to do without...

Very Very Nice!

[thumbup]

P.

Thank you all for the comments! Spent hours playing yesterday!

Wow! That is one VERY classy looking guitar!

Many congrats and a fine choice.

Is the mahogany part of the guitar black? It's not quite clear in the snaps but if it is then that will look very good indeed IMHO.

And I like the choice of colour for the plastic parts. Are they cream or pure white? Ditto the binding?

(Although I can't help wondering what it would look like with a set of black/chrome insert hat-box knobs.)

Due to my playing style I've always been a p'g on guy but if I had a beauty like that I'm not sure I wouldn't try to learn to do without...

Very Very Nice!

[thumbup]

P.

The back and neck are indeed black, and the binding and plastic parts are a cream color. While at first I thought the color combination was a bit awkward, now it all just seems to fit together. I thought about getting some black speed knobs, but then again I kind of like the look of the gold knobs. I doubt I will mount the pickguard though, as I don't really feel like disrupting the flame or drilling a hole in the guitar...