Gibson Brands Forums

Serial/authenticity check

Zeppelin

Hello all and welcome to the Forums!

Just by a serial number it is impossible to verify the authencity of a guitar. Counterfeiters use real serial numbers.

Instead, please post some pictures, so the Grand Jury of the Forums can verify them for You.

Best wishes... Bence

• 4 months later...
Illegal counterfeit. The counterfeiters have used this same serial number and similar numbers over and over on different fake instruments.

Since you knew this serial number was used multiple times, could you post a list of serial numbers that you are aware of that have been used multiple times?

• 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, JComer said:

I need help I think it’s fake 02005559

What exactly do you want help with? If you haven't bought it and suspect its a fake walk away and report it to Gibson's site.  If you bought  and suspect a fake, report it to Gibson on their site, and take it back if you can.  If its fake and you own it, I'm sorry to tell you it may all  be over but the crying. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

27 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

What exactly do you want help with? If you haven't bought it and suspect its a fake walk away and report it to Gibson's site.  If you bought  and suspect a fake, report it to Gibson on their site, and take it back if you can.  If its fake and you own it, I'm sorry to tell you it may all  be over but the crying. 

Thanks! Your reply was zero help

45 minutes ago, JComer said:

Thanks! Your reply was zero help

OK, I did not read every post in this thread, so did you buy a guitar and  and now suspect its a fake. Like I said if you suspect its a fake and bought it, and it is chances are your stuck with it. If you own the guitar post pics of the headstock serial number and other pics of the guitar and we will  more that likely be able to tell you. If you got duped that's your fault, not mine.  You think Gibson is gonna give you a free one if you bought a fake? Enjoy your guitar. 

I'm 53 and I have owed Gibson's since I was 16.  I know and many on this forum know what fakes look like but we need pics. I could tell you about half a dozen or more things to look for, but pics really make it hit home. 

I fed you no line in my original post, and was not being a wise-@ss.  What exactly would you like us to do if YOU bought a fake Gibby.  All we can do look and give our best judgment.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Trying to find more info on a guitar. 

Serial number 100430375

Model: LPSTAWCH1

It’s a Alpine White Burst, and I can’t find any Standard LP’s in that color. 

A guy wants to trade for my LP Classic along with my 2525c Marshall Jubilee, and is claiming his guitar is a rare LP Standard That is worth the cost of both my guitar and amp. But I’m suspicious that it’s either a LP Studio (even though it’s got a binding), or a Signature T. 

Hi Dennis,

First up, it can't be a Les Paul "Burst" if it's White. I'm no expert, there are people on this forum who will be able to decipher the model code, but not me.

If I were you I'd contact Gibson support and give them the serial number, they'll tell you what it is.

Depending on the age of your LP Classic, it could be a very sought after guitar in it's own right, the one's built in the 90's and early 2000's (the "60'" models) are highly desirable.

Without knowing exactly what the "White Burst" actually is it's very difficult to give an accurate indicator of it's value but personally I'd doubt very much it's worth the value of your guitar and amp, and if that was the case why on earth would this bloke want to do this trade?

Regards,

Ian     

If you google alpine white burst it pops right up with a model called the “Signature T”

It seems likely that this would be the model in question rather than a Standard. Looks like it has the features of a normal “Standard” anyway so the seller is probably confused.

Whether you like the trade or not is up to you. From what I can tell this trade values the Marshall around $300 which seems low considering the original price of about $1,500

• 5 months later...