Gibson Brands Forums

Don't Stop Believin': Everyman's Journey

Rabs

I'd watch on Youtube..

The whole Journey story is interesting, especially from a musicians perspective. What do you do when you have all this HUGE success, but you are being pulled in all these different directions? I honestly don't know how I would handle it, and I don't know how they did, either.

For the most part, while I'm not really a Journey fan, I am a fan of the members. They really are damned good musicians and ROCKERS, and have conducted themselves with an extremely high degree of class throughout the whole Steve Perry era. I actually find it amazing they are still even freinds with each other.

Was a Journey fan when Steve Perry was fronting them, but quit listening when he and Steve Smith left. Since then I've heard two different versions of them and haven't been impressed with either version. The new lead singer does kinda sound like Perry, but to me doesn't seem to put forth the soul of the songs. Have read some interviews with Schon, and from what he's said Perry was acting a jerk, but then again I got the impression that Schon was too. Guess I'm just an old man that liked the original. Always thought that Schon & Perry should make nice and start over again, life's too short. And IMHO they would be huge again. And by the way, how much work has Schon had done on his face? Looks very very tight.

TC

Was a Journey fan when Steve Perry was fronting them, but quit listening when he and Steve Smith left. Since then I've heard two different versions of them and haven't been impressed with either version. The new lead singer does kinda sound like Perry, but to me doesn't seem to put forth the soul of the songs. Have read some interviews with Schon, and from what he's said Perry was acting a jerk, but then again I got the impression that Schon was too. Guess I'm just an old man that liked the original. Always thought that Schon & Perry should make nice and start over again, life's too short. And IMHO they would be huge again. And by the way, how much work has Schon had done on his face? Looks very very tight.

TC

Yeah im not the biggest Journey fan in the world.. but they have some classics and are all great players...

However I think even non Journey fans would probably appreciate this film..

Like Im not really a fan of Anvil but the film was great..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF4H8lB2Y_o

Archived