Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
andrewmchabala

Love the DJC.4, but super frustrated!

So I picked up the DJC.4 to upgrade from the mixtrack pro, and I love the way it works. My problem is, the headphone jack in particular, but even the audio outputs have a buzzing/humming noise all the time. I took the first unite back to guitar center and exchanged it for another one, and it does the exact same thing. Is this going to be fixed in a firmware update or should I just take it back and get a completley new controller? It seems I'm not the only one experiencing this issue either. I've tried every trouble shooting solution and nothing works. I did notice the more LED buttons that are lit up, the louder the hum gets, any idea what to do? I'm really getting frustrated and on the verge of taking it back and never buying a Stanton product again. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

So I picked up the DJC.4 to upgrade from the mixtrack pro, and I love the way it works. My problem is, the headphone jack in particular, but even the audio outputs have a buzzing/humming noise all the time. I took the first unite back to guitar center and exchanged it for another one, and it does the exact same thing. Is this going to be fixed in a firmware update or should I just take it back and get a completley new controller? It seems I'm not the only one experiencing this issue either. I've tried every trouble shooting solution and nothing works. I did notice the more LED buttons that are lit up, the louder the hum gets, any idea what to do? I'm really getting frustrated and on the verge of taking it back and never buying a Stanton product again. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for your post. Our engineers are looking into this issue, I'll post any update asap.

... even the audio outputs have a buzzing/humming noise all the time...

I've just bought a DJC.4 and finding the same thing, though not sure whether it's the software Virtual DJ LE or the controller.

Very interested to hear what the engineers have to say.

Thanks for posting, glad to know I'm not going crazy!

Not crazy at all, it does it with Traktor as well I'm sad to say...

I've just bought a DJC.4 and finding the same thing, though not sure whether it's the software Virtual DJ LE or the controller.

Very interested to hear what the engineers have to say.

Thanks for posting, glad to know I'm not going crazy!

My audio levels are really low too, have to crank the amp right up to get any volume. Wonder if it would make any difference if it had its own power supply?

I read somewhere that the DJC.4 can struggle a bit relying on USB power from laptop alone...

well it depends on laptop - I have almost 5 years old compaq (entry level model) which works just fine. I guess newer laptops are better. I connect djc.4 directly to active speakers, volume is normal - as loud as using usb sound card (like I used before). There is master volume knob on djc.4 that needs to be cranked up to get better volume.

That's the problem, you shouldn't have to have the master volume setting at 4 o'clock to get any kind of volume. It was a great attempt by Stanton but this thing was built with cheap parts and it shows. I'm selling my and grabbing a VOXOA C60, which is has all the features plus a TRUE stand alone mixer. Plus the buzz I doubt will ever get fixed......... great unit but not PRO grade.......

Hi,

"Glad" (if I can say that) to see I'm not the only one to have this problem!

I sent mine back to my reseller. Now, it surely is in Stanton's hands.

Waiting for an answer from Stanton...

What frightens me is what andrewmchabala said : "exchanged it for another one, and it does the exact same thing".

The problem seems to be known for a long time now and Stanton has not done anything yet...

Some (bad) news for me (and surely for all the others who have the same issue).

I've just received back my DJC4.

In a paper it's written "testé chez Stanton pas de problème" => "Tested by Stanton no issue" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've just tested it once more time : still the same ******* noise !!!

I've called back my reseller. He told me to test it with a laptop not linked to a power supply. I've got exactly the same issue.

In summary :

For me, Stanton is aware of this problem but DOESN'T want to solve it.

Maybe their engineers are not good enough to find a solution and they don't want to communicate about it.

Seriously Stanton !!!!

This issue varies from computer to computer depending on the USB bus power supplied.

For example i have a MAC Book Pro (not unibody) and i have a louder buzz on one USB port than the other...

External power supply does decrease this issue in many cases but does not eliminate it all together..

The engineers are working on a solution but to make it mass implementable takes a little time...

Hopefully we'll have an answer soon.

B~

The few users who have verified the problem is not USB related have been directly contacted regarding replacement/repair procedure.

(I say few because out of the thousands sold not that many have the issues w/ the audio noise).

Please check your PM's and you will definitely have your unit repaired / replaced.

Sorry for the trouble, and know we will take care of you and other owners

GPA~DJ,

B~

PLEASE HELP ME! I HAVE A DJC4 , BUT, MASTER OUT HAVE A SOUND VERY VERY LOW! I NEED INCREASE VOLUME GAIN AT MAX AND ALSO

MIXER GAIN. THIS IS A DEFECT???

I had same issue with some noise in sound out put when i switched to the ASIO driver, but after i came back to primary sound card It was fine. Not yet checked on direct output from DJC4 will check and update.

I've been having same problem sometimes my receiver acts up sound get really distroted.

Distortion of the audio and a minor consistent hum/buzz are two totally separate issues..

If distortion is your issue verify you are using the proper drivers (ASIO for PC) and double check the latency setting in both your OS and the program you are using (Virtual DJ / Traktor / etc..)

Thanks,

This issue varies from computer to computer depending on the USB bus power supplied.

For example i have a MAC Book Pro (not unibody) and i have a louder buzz on one USB port than the other...

External power supply does decrease this issue in many cases but does not eliminate it all together..

The engineers are working on a solution but to make it mass implementable takes a little time...

Hopefully we'll have an answer soon.

B~

I live in Brazil, i buy in New York (ROCK and SOUL). What do I do?

I live in Brazil, i buy in New York (ROCK and SOUL). What do I do?

I will P.M. you with a list of options to troubleshoot.

We have no one else with reported issue of very-low volume (that i know of).

So something may be wrong with the default driver or the settings in the program you are using.

Look for a direct message any moment now.