Gibson Brands Forums

What's the difference between the Gibson Les Paul Studio 2012 & 2013?

DanBonehill

H all,

This may seen like a rookie question but what is the difference between a Les Paul Studio 2012 & 2013? The reason I ask is I found 2 different sites one claiming to be a 2012 model and the other a 2013 model, I can see no difference what so ever in spec and they look identical too.

http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/electric_guitars_detail.asp?stock=12032110400032 < 2012 model

http://www.andertons.co.uk/solid-body-electric-guitars/pid23812/cid671/gibson-les-paul-studio-electric-guitar-in-wine-red.asp < 2013 model

Thanks in advance for any responses :)

Grade what Maple? Its in my backyard in California and Maple trees in Vermont USA.. the most found wood in America, that means "CHEAP"! Also they are starting to look like China Silkscreen Decals. In my opinion suttle is better, my 2010 50's tribute with 30% laquer is less which may be more in the future.. no frills is cool too!

And how about those baked Maple Fretboards.. shoot a vid comparing Rosewood, Ebony and the new Baked Maple!

Again, Maple is cheap to find, cut, no importing / exporting sound in the fields of Nashville and Memphis!

Great vid.. JV -Sights & Sounds Films (Florida)

And how about those baked Maple Fretboards.. shoot a vid comparing Rosewood, Ebony and the new Baked Maple!

I think if you take 2 minutes and look on Youtube, you should find at least a video or 2 comparing Baked Maple to Rosewood, possibly Ebony too. But definitely Baked Maple and Rosewood at least, since Baked Maple only replaced Rosewood on some models, not Ebony. Ebony was replaced by Richlite on most models.

-Ryan

Grade what Maple? Its in my backyard in California and Maple trees in Vermont USA.. the most found wood in America, that means "CHEAP"! Also they are starting to look like China Silkscreen Decals. In my opinion suttle is better, my 2010 50's tribute with 30% laquer is less which may be more in the future.. no frills is cool too!

Again, Maple is cheap to find, cut, no importing / exporting sound in the fields of Nashville and Memphis!

Great vid.. JV -Sights & Sounds Films (Florida)

:)

Archived