Gibson Brands Forums

Do you remove those Epiphone stickers on the back of the head stock?

GuitarLight

I was interested in knowing if other Epi owners remove those nasty Epiphone head stock stickers found glued to the back of their Epi headstocks, including Masterbilts. I have three Masterbilts and an Epiphone and I have removed all those gooey stickers because they seemed to cheapen the guitar by saying "Made in China"...also I feared the finish would be marred over time if the stickers ever fell of in the future, and also the stickers were applied tilted and made it look sloppy.....Was it a mistake to remove them? Will removing the stickers depreciate the value and authenticity of the Epi guitar in the future? I have noticed that the finish was slightly marred where the stickers were applied and needed thorough cleaning and polishing to get the gooey glue stuff off.The stickers had begun to embed themselves in the poly finish permanently. Your opinions? Should the stickers be taken off, or left on?

I definitely remove the recycle sticker and some of the other junk. I do tend to keep any stickers that identify the country of origin and I mostly keep the USA set up & inspector label. I usually get about a year out of the clear vinyl pickguard film so when it gets too bad, all of them come off at the same time. I gotta agree that the S/N is more important.

Mark Keesee

Archived