Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JuanCarlosVejar

Ferguson Archangel

Folks ,

I posted this when music villa was selling it last year ... but when they sold it they also took down the photos :

archangelguitar_zpseacd3fc3.jpg

d3_10413_zps15cca7ee.jpg

d3_10402_zpsba671446.jpg

d3_10409_zps2180dcb1.jpg

d3_10412_zps842da323.jpg

bl_2353_squayle_guitar_back_zps0e711189.jpg

bl_2352_squayle_guitar_front_a_zps0d93791e.jpg

edit : btw one of only two guitar that have been built under the Ferguson name while Ren was at Gibson

JC

Id like that with out that heel carving and fret board script. Now THAT is a nice wood for a neck.

If I can ever do a custom made Gibson one day ,thats the figuring Id like to see on a neck..even in two piece. Love it

Great back wood too.

The script kind of ruins it.

One gets the idea without it.

He must have had the wrong mushrooms for dinner when he came up with this idea [scared]

JR ,

it wasn't Ren's idea . the idea was all Stephanie Quales it had something to do with overcoming some difficult stuff .

JC

JR ,

it wasn't Ren's idea . the idea was all Stephanie Quales it had something to do with overcoming some difficult stuff .

JC

mind-bending stuff if that's the guitar he asked for... haha. I honestly think the first thing that would come to my mind if I seen someone playing that would be "Jesus wept, mate... what are you all about? ..Look at the nick of that guitar" each to their own an all that but I'd be less ashamed at turning up with a 200 quid epiphone.

On I'm sure there was a good reason behind it. Just a silly joke to justify my distaste for it. Kinda scary actually.

non taken =D ,

when it comes to these things you like em or you don't

I'll post an L5 hawaiian built by Bruce Kunkel @ gibson custom maybe you might dig that one =D

JC

The theme comes from Revelation chapter 12. There is war in heaven. Michael (the Arch Angel) and his angels fight against the Dragon (Satan) and his angels. Michael and his angels prevail. The Devil and his host are banished from heaven, soon to succumb to their final judgment. The tempter and tormentor are finished.

The theme comes from Revelation chapter 12. There is war in heaven. Michael (the Arch Angel) and his angels fight against the Dragon (Satan) and his angels. Michael and his angels prevail. The Devil and his host are banishedfrom heaven, soon to succumb to their final judgment. The tempter and tormentor are finished.

Oh...You mean this guy..

I don't know.

I wouldn't think the idea is "would you play a gig with it", as obviously it's one of those types of guitars that is the louder blingy type of thing. Big words across the fingerboard are not meant to be subtle.

But, it's Ren, man. Totally.

Look at how good the binding is done. It's crazy, not just the detail, but notice how good a job he does on the headstock curves. How can you NOT appreciate that?

Does it sound good? Of corse I don't know, but if one has to guess, what are the chances a custom built guitar from Ren isn't going to sound good? Do we forget so easily? I think he might know just a teensie weensie bit about 'good' sounding guitars, and maybe just a wittle bit how to make one that way.

This guitar is crazy over-the-top nice, regardless that I wouldn't think it fit 'style' of most poeple.

Talk about the name on the headstock meaning something. And close up photos absolutely back this up.

Eliminate all the pearl Script & pictures...and that carving..and thats a super fine guitar.

The shape of that headstock is one beautifull creation.

Juan..what did it sell for?

Music VIlla wanted 100 k for it ... I guess because of all the 18 k gold Ren put into it

JC