Gibson Brands Forums

Spec's on the 1993 Bill Monroe Signature limited edition mandolin

Mandomurf

I have bid on (and Won) a 1993 Gibson Bill Monroe signature limited edition F-5 mandolin #64 of 200. My question is did they produce any of these with a varnish finish? I have studied the pictures of the one I am to recieve in a day or two and compared it to other pictures (the few I can find) and the dark shading on the burst appears to be much wider on the one I bid on. I have a 3 day period after reciept to return it no questions asked. I suspected it had some finish work done on it, but just not sure. I do some luthier work and action build some mandolin. I got into this one at a resoniable price, if I can live with it. If anyone has any info on any of the spec's on these mandolins I would apprecaite it. I was told it has a Adirondack top on it,I think I might be able to tell if that is the case when it gets here as I build with particular wood, but maybe not. Any help would certainly be appreciated. thanks

• 10 months later...

My question is did they produce any of these with a varnish finish?

The answer is Yes they did...

the one Person I know has had a few Monroes through his store.. hes quite familiar with the Monroe...

PM me if you need his name..

• 11 months later...

Archived