Gibson Brands Forums

Custom Hummingbird Serial Confirmation

tracedef

Hiya,

The following Gibson Custom Hummingbird is listed as a 2010, but the serial of ####### appears to be 2002 as far as I can tell ... should be pretty straight forward but just want to make sure there aren't any differences with Custom Shop piece serial numbers... ... Pics and serial can be found here ... any confirmation that it is 2002 is appreciated! Thanks!!!

Thank you for the confirmation! I purchased it but realized their misidentification after the fact .... If anyone wants to chime in on general value thoughts on 2010 vs 2002 as subjective as they may be, it's appreciated .... from what I'm seeing, 2002 may actually be a good thing in this case ....

Thank you for the confirmation! I purchased it but realized their misidentification after the fact .... If anyone wants to chime in on general value thoughts on 2010 vs 2002 as subjective as they may be, it's appreciated .... from what I'm seeing, 2002 may actually be a good thing in this case ....

I think the condition of the guitar is far more important than the year it was built. Modern Gibson quality has generally been pretty consistent in the last decade, from what I've seen.

Archived