Gibson Brands Forums

2nd Annual NY Guitar Show

NY Guitar Show

hope some of the members here will attend. April 27 & 28 at the Freeport Recreation Center in Freeport, Long Island. The Gibson bus is on board for both days as well.

Gibson Bus To Appear At NY Guitar Show

The NY Guitar Show & Exposition excitedly announced the addition and appearance of the Gibson Bus for both days of the 2013 NY Guitar Show & Expositions coming April 27 & 28 to the Freeport Recreation Center.

A Gibson spokesperson said, “The Gibson Bus features interactive guitar stations that feature Gibson & Epiphone guitars, Gibson Pro Audio components and an “Amp Jam Room” that allows Gibson fans to experience an actual “rock star” tour bus.

Show founder/promoter Richard Johnson said, “Attendees of the NY Guitar Show can actually jam out in the Gibson Bus with friends, then go inside and check out the coolest Gibson & Epiphone products from local retail vendors or vintage dealers and go home with the same tone they found in the bus!”

Gibson added, “We know we’ve always had a strong Gibson base in the NY Metro/Tri-state region, but the Gibson Bus allows fans of other manufacturers to compare and see the quality Gibson and Epiphone proudly puts in to all their new and custom shop guitars & gear.”

About Gibson: Founded in 1894, Gibson is a global musical and lifestyle-oriented company based in Nashville, Tennessee, that creates products that enrich the lives of musicians, fans, and consumers, alike. Gibson is known worldwide for producing classic models in every major style of fretted instrument, including acoustic and electric guitars, mandolins, and banjos. Run by technology visionary Henry Juszkiewicz, the company has been at the forefront of innovation since its inception, the latest of which is the Firebird X robot-guitar. Through the Gibson Foundation, Gibson has become known for its philanthropic efforts on behalf of music, education, health and human services. Gibson’s family of brands encompass some of the most widely known and respected in the music and entertainment industries, including Epiphone, KRK, Stanton, Onkyo, Dobro, Kramer, Steinberger, Tobias, Echoplex, Electar, Flatiron, Slingerland, Valley Arts, Maestro, Oberheim, Baldwin, Sunshine Piano, Take Anywhere Technology, J&C Fischer, Chickering, Hamilton, and Wurlitzer. For more information visit: www.gibson.com,www.facebook.com/gibsonguitar,www.twitter.com/gibsonguitar.

NY Guitar Show & Exposition: The 2013 NY Guitar Show & Exposition at the Freeport Recreation Center, 130 E. Merrick Rd. in Freeport, NY on April 27 & 28, 2013 features new, vintage and used instruments & amps, local dealers/music stores, custom builders and major manufacturers. Show manager Richard Johnson 516-889-6895 www.nyguitarexpo.com or Rich@NYguitarexpo.com.

I went to it last year.

Meh...

Problem is i don't really fit it, how does a teenager with a MM and a vintage hollowbody going to fit in with old guys with three Les Pauls playing generic blues songs and solos over and over again?

Not my thing.

I went to it last year.

Meh...

Problem is i don't really fit it, how does a teenager with a MM and a vintage hollowbody going to fit in with old guys with three Les Pauls playing generic blues songs and solos over and over again?

Not my thing.

Ouch...

The Pigtronix guys were there and it was really cool to talk with some of those guys who put the pieces together and know the ins and outs of the designs. Along with those guys a few local techs who put together some pretty cool amps, most of which were eager to talk about their deal. I feel you on the 1-4-5, but that's just what they are into. The prices were insanely high though, that I wasn't expecting. You would think at a show and/or swap meet (which is what it really seemed like) that there would be more reasonably priced used gear, not dealer prices.

The Pigtronix guys were there and it was really cool to talk with some of those guys who put the pieces together and know the ins and outs of the designs. Along with those guys a few local techs who put together some pretty cool amps, most of which were eager to talk about their deal. I feel you on the 1-4-5, but that's just what they are into. The prices were insanely high though, that I wasn't expecting. You would think at a show and/or swap meet (which is what it really seemed like) that there would be more reasonably priced used gear, not dealer prices.

The Pigtronix guys are great and lots of cool gear was there and will be there again this time as the show has more than tripled in size. I did not hear a lot of the 1-4-5 stuff, but not everybody is JB afterall...and as for prices..well man you have to negotiate....and remember some dealers livilihoods is selling guitars for profit not a loss... but they are ALL willing to negotiate for sure.

They had a very good show and sold a ton of stuff..Same goes for buyers as sellers..if you are asking to sell or buy at insanely high or low prices they are not going to work with you. There were many deals struck and most anybody who brought a guitar in for sale...SOLD IT!!

I went to it last year.

Meh...

Not my thing.

because people with the same common interest...vintage gear, always have something to share no matter the age..maybe you need to try harder?? hahaha...as for song choices I heard some outstanding guitar players some did How High The Moon on a vintage 50's LP note for note..excellent!

I'm well aware of dealers having to make a profit, however paying the price of what it might have sold for 15 years ago is a bit much for me. Most of us are guys who enjoy ripping around in one way or another and I agree that we all go because we dig vintage gear as well as modern equipment.

When spam is deemed both topical and desireable, it ceases to be spam, and becomes simply an ad or notification (as seen I think above). Seems pretty obvious Gibson is okay with it being here on their board (and since they are participating in the event, no surprise there).

I went to it last year.

Meh...

Not my thing.

Guitar shows aren't about the playing. They are about interest in, appreciation of, and ultimately the buying and selling of guitars and all associated items.

I've gone to many with no intention of purchasing, just to bask in the guitars and amps etc., as well as be among some of the prominent dealers (had George Gruhn sign a reference book he'd published at one) and local players.

I did also buy a lot of my former collection at shows. My first tweed amp (a 63 Fender Champ) was purchased at my first guitar show, Dallas TX. I also bought a 62 Stratocaster at one, a 57 Les Paul Jr. at another (great deal on that one) and found my current 1935 National Duolian at another.

If I were in the area, I'd be there, even though I'm not in the market for anything right now. You never know what you may see that will leave you awe struck (or not).

When spam is deemed both topical and desireable, it ceases to be spam, and becomes simply an ad or notification (as seen I think above). Seems pretty obvious Gibson is okay with it being here on their board (and since they are participating in the event, no surprise there).

Guitar shows aren't about the playing. They are about interest in, appreciation of, and ultimately the buying and selling of guitars and all associated items.

I've gone to many with no intention of purchasing, just to bask in the guitars and amps etc., as well as be among some of the prominent dealers (had George Gruhn sign a reference book he'd published at one) and local players.

I did also buy a lot of my former collection at shows. My first tweed amp (a 63 Fender Champ) was purchased at my first guitar show, Dallas TX. I also bought a 62 Stratocaster at one, a 57 Les Paul Jr. at another (great deal on that one) and found my current 1935 National Duolian at another.

If I were in the area, I'd be there, even though I'm not in the market for anything right now. You never know what you may see that will leave you awe struck (or not).

Well said..thanks!

I'm well aware of dealers having to make a profit, however paying the price of what it might have sold for 15 years ago is a bit much for me. Most of us are guys who enjoy ripping around in one way or another and I agree that we all go because we dig vintage gear as well as modern equipment.

you're way off on this...even a loaf of bread despite the recession is sky high...if you find something you like buy it if you don't just enjoy the touchy feely part of it and put some classic gear in your hands and just enjoy the day

Archived