Gibson Brands Forums

beautiful guitar stand

blindboygrunt

Yeah the price is a bit high, I could make and sell them for a bit less but not a whole lot less.

If any of you really know how to work with wood you might have a different opinion on the price !

That always happens to me with things I CAN make. That is, until I cipher up the hours & hours of labor time (that I don't have) to build. I'd make like $8.50/hr or less & the Feds might bust my chops for being below Min. wage!! [biggrin]

Really nice work. Look at the prices of a lot of the guitars that would sit in that. And the Leather couch & nice mission end table/coffee table it's next too.

Oh well, I guess my Hercules isn't all that bad. I almost sold myself on getting one. :rolleyes:

Aster

yeah, I ran across these a few months ago. I think I was looking for Christmas present ideas. For myself. But, I decided they were too nice. I don't want my guitar stand to compete with my guitar. I would never give up my Hercules - it is the most convenient and safe stand I've run across.

I read the description. he says he puts leather over surgical tubing for the contact points. why would you do that? Why use surgical tubing to start with? that stuff is terrible. it damages guitars and over time deteriorates. So, he covers it with leather to protect the guitar..... but leather can leave marks too. Obviously if someone bought this it would be for a high end guitar which probably has nitro on it. why not just use the foam stuff that comes on every other stand and is known to be safe?

other than that, i think it's gorgeous!

Archived