Gibson Brands Forums

Hello from me and my new R0

axeman3d

Hi folks i have just purchased second hand my first Les Paul, having been a strat man since i started playing guitar, i got it for 1k when i bought a custom shop strat from a guy local, really dont know much about thrm any help on spec and stuff would be great and did i pay too much? it has stunning flame and its 2007 model.

it has a custom shop certificate and its a 1960 VOS i believe.

Yes! Definitely show us some photos of that R0 (top & bottom, front and back). Let me get this straight. You paid $1000.00 for a Gibson R0? I hope you got the real thing. Open a free account at photobucket.com, then upload pics to your account. Then you have an Img code for each pic on photobucket. Click the img code and then paste it to your reply here at the forum. easy.

thanks so with the exchange rate i paid 1500 US, looks like my gut feeling was good, i must admit it feels quite special i have played some standards in my time but for not being a Les Paul man i really like it. only picked it up yesterday.

cheers:d/

thanks so with the exchange rate i paid 1500 US' date=' looks like my gut feeling was good, i must admit it feels quite special i have played some standards in my time but for not being a Les Paul man i really like it. only picked it up yesterday.

cheers:d/ [/quote']

whoever sold that to you for that price must not have known what he had. unless the neck has been reset or something.....

no there is nothing wrong at all i always give guitars a good check' date=' there is no marks near the neck, whats the low down on spec on these? there seems to be a massive doffrence in price from r7 ro an r0 why is that?

cheers

andy[/quote']

you pay a huge upcharge for the flame top on the r9/r0.

r7s and r8 are the same except for the finish and sometimes the neck size.

r9s are the same as r7/r8s except for the flame top and the usually slimmer neck.

r0s are the same as r9s except for a thinner neck, reflectors an double ring tuners.

Hi no the guys i s alocal business man that has ordered a a Suhr that he wants to pay for, he already had a John English stealth Esquire that i would have loved and a EJ strat. so i got a heavy relic strat and R0 for £2100 i paid 100 more for the Strat?

thanks guys looks like i am going to be converted here.

cheers

R9 will likely come aboard and correct me (he is our resident Reissue expert). But the R0 is the second year Gibson Les Paul Standard was offered in a flamed maple top. Additionally it was the first year they went to a slimmer tappered neck.

Here is a link to the Gibson Custom Shop page that describes your guitar.

Gibson Custom Shop

i'm not sure what you mean...i assume you are saying that 1960 was the second year gibson had flame tops? if so this is incorrect. a quick look at BOTB will show you that 58s were flame tops. as for the R8, Gibson makes them as plaintops now, but in the past they were flamed as well (and the Chambered R8s are currently flametops too)

interestingly enough, gibson actually used flamed maple on their goldtops, at least occasionally. i have seen 195x/1959 conversions that had nice figuring under the gold finish.

as for the neck, they varied. the so-called "thin neck" really only occurred in the 2nd half of 1960, along with the reflectors, double rings, etc

Hi folks i have just purchased second hand my first Les Paul' date=' having been a strat man since i started playing guitar, i got it for 1k when i bought a custom shop strat from a guy local, really dont know much about thrm any help on spec and stuff would be great and did i pay too much? it has stunning flame and its 2007 model.

it has a custom shop certificate and its a 1960 VOS i believe.[/quote']

Welcome aboard...very nice guitar for a first too....have you got a pic of the peghead?

Archived