Gibson Brands Forums

Sheraton 62

Jammaroo

Allrighty , Hello all you Epi owners,

I am new here . I have been reading this forum for 10 or more days now. Ever since I found out about the 50th anniversary ’62 Sherry. Read posts for 2 days then I ordered one.

Got it Monday 2-25-13. What a beaut!

Signed up to show you all some pix., but 1st a little history. I got my 1st epi, a 12er back in early- mid 70’s. Was not great but I banged on it for 10 yrs or so. Bridge bellied off and I gave it away. Flash forward to 2008 I liked Epi's, so I got a “56" gold top P-90 LP ,,sweet, then a red stained all mahogany gold hardware LP, then a EJ-200CE (played for 2 -3 yrs and gave it to my brother) , then a Hummingbird Artist, and a EJ-200 Artist($150, I couldn’t resist) .

So now I have the 62 Sherry, nice nice axe. Natural ,,,, 286 of series.

Finish- a+

Setup? Not bad at all little too much relief- fixed

strings are 10’s, seem like 11’s or 12’s would be better but I will fool around with these for a while.

Intonation was pretty good , had to sharpen the A string.

My Obsevation; the frequesator has a LOT of string before the bridge,

Bending strings like I do is problematic but I think nut sauce or graphite on bridge and nut will remedy that toot suite!.

Here are some pix.

sherry62.jpg

EpiCert.jpg

Allrighty , Hello all you Epi owners,

I am new here . I have been reading this forum for 10 or more days now. Ever since I found out about the 50th anniversary ’62 Sherry. Read posts for 2 days then I ordered one.

Got it Monday 2-25-13. What a beaut!

Signed up to show you all some pix., but 1st a little history. I got my 1st epi, a 12er back in early- mid 70’s. Was not great but I banged on it for 10 yrs or so. Bridge bellied off and I gave it away. Flash forward to 2008 I liked Epi's, so I got a “56" gold top P-90 LP ,,sweet, then a red stained all mahogany gold hardware LP, then a EJ-200CE (played for 2 -3 yrs and gave it to my brother) , then a Hummingbird Artist, and a EJ-200 Artist($150, I couldn’t resist) .

So now I have the 62 Sherry, nice nice axe. Natural ,,,, 286 of series.

Finish- a+

Setup? Not bad at all little too much relief- fixed

strings are 10’s, seem like 11’s or 12’s would be better but I will fool around with these for a while.

Intonation was pretty good , had to sharpen the A string.

My Obsevation; the frequesator has a LOT of string before the bridge,

Bending strings like I do is problematic but I think nut sauce or graphite on bridge and nut will remedy that toot suite!.

Here are some pix.

sherry62.jpg

EpiCert.jpg

That is a beautiful guitar. One of those, in that finish, has been on my wish list now for a while. Showing up with your pictures is a great way to come into the forum, so welcome. Here's your forum warmimg present. +1

thats Beautiful Jammaroo !!!

Welcome to the forum!

don't these " '62/50s" sing ?

how's your FB woodgrain? mines just crazy nice.

a surprisingly good guitar for the $ !

got mine 2-21

GarysCam293_zps9b2e915d.jpg

B4L, as I've said before, red guitars are usually not my favorites (reminds me too much of my first, and huge POS, guitar), but yours is stunning and a definite exception. Enjoy.

B4L, as I've said before, red guitars are usually not my favorites (reminds me too much of my first, and huge POS, guitar), but yours is stunning and a definite exception. Enjoy.

I'm not a red guitar man myself but this is what I'm going for. I've checked out the finishes of all 3 in person and the cherry stood out most for me. This really is a beautiful guitar

• 4 weeks later...

1962 in total.

I own a blonde model (like the OP) I hand-picked in the shop among 4 others (2 natural + 2 sunburst). Zero cosmetic flaw. All I had to do was lower the action a bit and adjust the pup height to my liking. Otherwise it's a fine, fine guitar. Very versatile and lighter than I thought (7lbs13oz / 3,54kg)

QC and factory set-up issues notwithstanding, it's every bit as good as the Elite/Elitist at a fraction of the price.

It's the best Epiphone MIC has to offer nowadays. [thumbup]

1962 in total.

I own a blonde model (like the OP) I hand-picked in the shop among 4 others (2 natural + 2 sunburst). Zero cosmetic flaw. All I had to do was lower the action a bit and adjust the pup height to my liking. Otherwise it's a fine, fine guitar. Very versatile and lighter than I thought (7lbs13oz / 3,54kg)

QC and factory set-up issues notwithstanding, it's every bit as good as the Elite/Elitist at a fraction of the price.

It's the best Epiphone MIC has to offer nowadays. [thumbup]

Thanks Q-bop.

Best regards,

Archived