Gibson Brands Forums

Holly Williams-----Hank Sr.'s grandbaby.

MissouriPicker

Hummingbird, J-45, and a blonde with a pedigree. Hard not be impressed with that stage. Thanks for finding this.

i can't tell if it was the J-45 or the HB, but one of the guitars didn't sound very good to me at all--a poor pickup or poor eq settings. A decent song etc, by the tinny, repetitive guitar riff seemed a bit at odds with the tone of the song.

Thanks for posting, I've never seen her. If that is an original song, she has a LONG way to go. I thought the song was horrible. Nothing there. She's on Leno, which would mean she would be showcasing one of her top songs. Ugh.

I think her brother, Hank III, would be the biggest country star in the world if he had a brain. But he's an idiot. His country stuff is second to none and his band is amazingly good. He sounds like his grandpa, except better. I've seen him live three times.

Hopefully, she will become a good writer and show better judgment than her brother. He takes his hell-raising legacy a bit too seriously.

I think her brother, Hank III, would be the biggest country star in the world if he had a brain. But he's an idiot. His country stuff is second to none and his band is amazingly good. He sounds like his grandpa, except better. I've seen him live three times.

Man, you've got that right. I've done several shows with him and he is infuriating. He can play country like nobody's business but insists on ending his shows with an hour plus of scream-o metal shite. It would be fine if that was the product he was selling exclusively but it's not. It's like bait and switch. It's a bad gag. All the old cowboys come out to get a glimpse of the legacy, pay their hard earned money, get a short , almost grudging set of country and are then left standing there wondering what the hell happened when he comes back after a break in a Misfits t shirt and launches into earsplitting, dissonant, aggro-crap. I've had old guys come up to me and ask where Shelton went. I point and say that's him. They leave. Nothing like encouraging a mosh pit with 50 yr. old women still in the room. He's an idiot is right.

Archived