Gibson Brands Forums

Light Green G-400 SG Pro - Custom Shop

PhotoFlyer

I just bought this light green SG-PRO. I have a cherry '06 G-400 that I love. I came across the green one, which was listed for sale as an "unreleased" color. I asked if it was unreleased, how they came to own it and the seller stated that the guitar was purchased at an Epiphone employee sale in Nashville.

Has anyone seen any other G-400's this color? Is there a way to get info from Epiphone/Gibson about this particular guitar? Did they produce a few and then decide the color was ugly (I like it) and not fully produce them? Hmmmmmmm.

post-54133-025029800 1362537674_thumb.jpg

post-54133-001818400 1362537689_thumb.jpg

post-54133-065733400 1362537703_thumb.jpg

I've seen and owned many G-400's and never come across that color. Not the most appealing color, it's probably not going to make it to regular production, so you have something unique.

I have Epi '66 SG's in red, black, white, and walnut. The big pickguard gives them a cool Gibson look, but also makes it harder to swap pickups.

That pickguard is the batwing pickguard that now comes on the G-400 Pro today. It's a pickguard design from the 60s and early 70s that better protects the guitar from pick scratches. The other pickguard style just covers the area below the strings and doesn't extend under the strings and above. The Angus Young model has a batwing pickguard.

Nice axe!

Archived