Gibson Brands Forums

Youngest Gibson fan on the forum

JohnnyReb

Here she is! The love of my life and a sucker for daddies Gibson Guitar [biggrin]

I think she's in store for a baby Taylor or a little Martin for 3rd birthday until she's big enough to handle daddies jumbo

c29b8bb50798adb99e10468463662e04.jpg

b6a1f9b457b8e89b2b98c73ea995b158.jpg

She wants to so bad. I let her use a pick and strum my guitar while I do the chording. The big grin is priceless. She is a guitar picker in the making for sure. I swore I would never pressure my kids into music, but this one I don't have to. She drives me crazy every time I try to play wanting to do the strumming. If anyone is pressured it's me. I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree [thumbup]

Yea you know how girls are, she will like hummingbirds I'm sure because there " pretty" [biggrin]

Going against the grain, perhaps, but..... I don't care at all for the h-birds' look. A while back there was a topic about the Sparrow- remember?- and some folks eloquently expressed what they did not like about its look; for me, those are the same issues I have about the 'bird. The guards are just part of the problem...

My preferrences run to slope-shoulders and the old tobacco bursts, though, so for me, everything about the bird seems 'off' to my eye.

But if it catches the eye and ear of that sweet little girl- well, maybe she'll get that bird to sing real pretty one day, and I'll just close my eyes and listen...

JohnnyReb, on 08 March 2013 - 10:45 AM, said:

Yea you know how girls are, she will like hummingbirds I'm sure because there " pretty"

AnneS said:

"Going against the grain, perhaps, but..... I don't care at all for the h-birds' look. A while back there was a topic about the Sparrow- remember?- and some folks eloquently expressed what they did not like about its look; for me, those are the same issues I have about the 'bird. The guards are just part of the problem...

My preferrences run to slope-shoulders and the old tobacco bursts, though, so for me, everything about the bird seems 'off' to my eye.

But if it catches the eye and ear of that sweet little girl- well, maybe she'll get that bird to sing real pretty one day, and I'll just close my eyes and listen... "

^ This is the nicest F-U to a sexist remark I've ever read. Well done, Anne.

Ren talks about liking a cherry colored guitar as a little sign of guitar rebellion. Originally I thought they were a bit too much but in the past few years I have played quite a few; they are sweet guitars and the aesthetic grows on you.

Archived