Gibson Brands Forums

LR Baggs Lyric Installed

duluthdan

I think LR Baggs hit it out of the park with the new Lyric under-bridge pickup. [thumbup] Installed in less than an hour, and sounds outstanding. [biggrin] Is it a Trance ? No, but I'd say the sound reproduction is just about as good, and the cost was $100 cheaper, and the self install was incredibly easy - and this was my first surgery ! [woot] I'll post a sound demo as soon as the video is done loading. I love not having a pickup in the soundhole anymore. [love]

LyricInstall_zps0515ec0d.jpg

amateur video, to go along with the amateur player :rolleyes: The actual pickup is tortoise shell, not black, but it is going to spend its whole life in the dark.

I have to say, this pickup is pretty remarkable, it really is. I was pleasantly delighted. I think the HD28 will get one next.

Thanks Dan.

I have been contemplating for awhile ordering a couple mono ms but the install and all that really turned me off I'm 5 hours away from a decent luthier/repair shop.

So I went with these lyrics.

I have an element already which I love and apparently these are better

I've been looking at one of these to replace my Element. Am I reading right that there is no longer any under saddle transducer with this system, just the stick on microphone? I'm hoping that one of these in my '45 will let me use less of the Aura DI's imaging voodoo to get a decent live sound.

Probably a dumb question... my J-45 has a pickup... could I somehow add a Lyric to it and use both? Need two endpin holes? Or is there some other pickup that would allow the Lyric to be added for the best of both worlds? Kind of like what the Anthem is... dual source.

Probably a dumb question... my J-45 has a pickup... could I somehow add a Lyric to it and use both? Need two endpin holes? Or is there some other pickup that would allow the Lyric to be added for the best of both worlds? Kind of like what the Anthem is... dual source.

You won't need it. Dual source is not my area of expertise, but this little internal mic is so good, I don't think you'll need it. There is a 'presence' control, set it and forget it, to dial in for your guitars sound - I turned mine up all the way, and ripped off the knob. Rock on.

Archived