Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
saturn

all you hosers....

Joined by another Canadian on keyboards.

Saw this one on PBS sometime over the weekend. Did you notice Izzy over on the right playing rhythm on a strat - changed her hat color though.

A little Colin...and yes he does look like Jesse from breaking bad...

You beat me to it, I was going to post one of his songs. I saw him play a little bar in Fells Point called Max's on Broadway in about 1988 or '89. He tore the place up. [thumbup]

Kinda posted a little here with Max Webster but Kim Mitchell deserves his own seperate post. I live close enough to hear 107.1 from Toronto and I love his afternoon show. He's got a segment called "damn, I wish I wrote that." He's a real humble guy and a great guitarist too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXnTbmPxv5g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZPDPcE6yas

Harem Scarem are a great Canadian group who were very popular in the mid 90s and their CD "Voice of Reason" is a stellar example of heavy rock. Amos the Transparent,The High Dials,Ginger,The Grapes of Wrath,The Sadies,Jane Vain and the Dark Matter,Land of Talk,Vanessa Paradis,Cuff the Duke,Tomi Swyck,The Doughboys,The Killjoys and The Tea Party are just some Canadian talent that is world class and sadly aren't really known outside the Canadian border except for very few of them.All of those that I have mentioned are incredible and well worth a listen because they are all very high caliber musicians and songwriters.

Guest Farnsbarns

Harem Scarem are a great Canadian group who were very popular in the mid 90s and their CD "Voice of Reason" is a stellar example of heavy rock. Amos the Transparent,The High Dials,Ginger,The Grapes of Wrath,The Sadies,Jane Vain and the Dark Matter,Land of Talk,Vanessa Paradis,Cuff the Duke,Tomi Swyck,The Doughboys,The Killjoys and The Tea Party are just some Canadian talent that is world class and sadly aren't really known outside the Canadian border except for very few of them.All of those that I have mentioned are incredible and well worth a listen because they are all very high caliber musicians and songwriters.

Grapes of wrath? Sounds like something you get sitting on cold floors.

I forgot to mention The Guess Who and that was a huge omission for a Canuck to make because they were the first Canadian band to score a number one hit in the U.S. with "American Woman" ,that's even worse than forgetting the name of our Prime Minister Wasshisname.Randy Bachman did the lead duties for The Guess Who and it was him who came up with the opening riff for "American Woman","No Time","No Sugar Tonight".After The Guess Who split up he went on to form the very short lived Brave Belt who managed to get a song in the Top 10 with "Dun Robin's Gone"(correct spelling?).