Gibson Brands Forums
btoth76

Gibson Low-Impedance Guitars Club

Hey Dave, I just came back from the Songbirds Guitar Museum in Chattanooga TN. I noticed guitar that you had posted a while back was there. Tony Mottola's Low Impedance Crest was acquired by them and on display in their vault.

2lQHWVPh.jpg

Edited by Grog

Add the first and only owner of a 1974 LP Signature, I could really use the photos of the wiring that vGrog took and sent to Boogiedude . . . Hands was removed for finish work on the body, and now does nor work properly . . . TIA

Hi guys!

As technician i've put my hands for the first time on a Les Paul Recording. The wiring looks like ok and the components in good condition, but the decade control differences are inappreciable, and the bass control make a enormous volume loss. I've tried also connecting the guitar in low impedence directly to a recording desk, no difference.
I've not been able to find good information about this aspect, and i'm not shure if the instrument is a defective one or if is a sort of model's compliant issue.

Maybe somebody here can help me to know more about? 😊

The "DECADE" feature is very hard to hear under most conditions. Using the proper chord with a transformer as close as possible to the amp seems to work best. Dave Gould has explained it better on earlier posts in this thread.

wKwuKtY.jpg