Gibson Brands Forums

Woody Meets the Reverend

trvlr

Been trying to pick up a couple of Woodys tunes he offers on the Youtube and ran across this one. This one is way out of my league, but some pretty good picking and vocals..never heard him sing anything on the prior videos I've watched. Interesting his story on meeting the Reverend - and I ain't talking Sharpton!

Woody sure can play. Does he still have that J185 with the flowers painted on it? That is a great sounding guitar.

yea that's on his black dog blues clip on the yt...he seems to use that 'git more times than not from what I've seen.

yea that's on his black dog blues clip on the yt...he seems to use that 'git more times than not from what I've seen.

Yeah I've seen it in the YT vids. Those just seemed like older vids and in a lot of newer videos he seems to be playing the guitar in the posted video.

I really enjoyed that... ....excellant on many levels [thumbup]

yea, the more I listen to that clip the more I like [thumbup] You reckon I can give him a call like he did the Rev, and he'd invite me over to teach that one to me?? It'd take a couple months or more I'm sure [biggrin]

Guest J-Doug

Nice! Now that looks like a cool getaway. Be interested in your thoughts when you return.

I will definitely report back.

Archived