Gibson Brands Forums

1965 Sola Sound Tone Bender MK1 Replica

bluesguitar65

Sounds great, I've been looking for a vintage sounding fuzz to replace my rams head clone for a while now. I bought one of those rotosound tone benders from ebay but sent it back because I didnt think its sound could justify the price tag

Haven't you built pedals before krock? I could help you make one yourself if you need help.

I've built a few before, but I cant say fuzz's are my forte, I usually only build dist pedals. Ive tried building germ fuzzes before but because of the leakages on the germanium's I find them a pain to build. I need to find a good seller in the UK that tests them.

There are so many great sounding silicon transistor circuits that would be easier to source parts for in that case.

What kind of sound are you going for? If you give me an example I could probably point you in the direction of something that's easy to build that would get you there. I've built a LOT of different fuzzes..

There are so many great sounding silicon transistor circuits that would be easier to source parts for in that case.

What kind of sound are you going for? If you give me an example I could probably point you in the direction of something that's easy to build that would get you there. I've built a LOT of different fuzzes..

The styles of fuzz I most like are Gilmour, Hendrix and Led Zep. I know Hendrix and Gilmour used both germ and silicon throughout their careers, Im not sure if Page ever used silicon. Im finding my rams head to either be too harsh in terms of treble or too muffled. It seems to work best into an already dirty amp as a boost because otherwise it's quite noisy. I however prefer my amp set up clean because I find it gives me more tonal variation. Cheers for the help Dub, think we should use PM because I've accidentally hijacked bluesguitar65's thread

Archived