Gibson Brands Forums

Let's See Your Epiphones !

Old Rocker 59

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dig the rig and that red Swingster...man, what a guitar msp_thumbup.gif

Thanks, that's my 1980 Westbury 100w twin 2x10", has an additional external speaker outlet so I built a speaker cabinet from 1 1940's suit case and a 12" speaker I found that's like from the 40/50's...not really sure. Says' Made in Ohio". The swing ster sure brings a whole different sound out on that setup. I like to get er rumbling with like that Bo Diddy rumble, and rumble it does. Still getting used to playing 11's, I've always used 9's so it's a change.

Hello my name is Barrett and I am new to this forum... Here is a pic of my epi prior to putting new pick ups on (seymour Blk. winters), a babicz full contact bridge, and as soon as I put some new schallers on it I will post updated pics. post-68455-028299100 1415223603_thumb.jpg. I bought this from another tattoo artist for cheap, from what I found out its an 02 pro plus limted? Called epi and they couldn't give me any info.

Hello my name is Barrett and I am new to this forum... Here is a pic of my epi prior to putting new pick ups on (seymour Blk. winters), a babicz full contact bridge, and as soon as I put some new schallers on it I will post updated pics. post-68455-028299100 1415223603_thumb.jpg. I bought this from another tattoo artist for cheap, from what I found out its an 02 pro plus limted? Called epi and they couldn't give me any info.

Welcome, Barrett! Love that transblue Les Paul!

Enjoy!

Pete

Hello my name is Barrett and I am new to this forum... Here is a pic of my epi prior to putting new pick ups on (seymour Blk. winters), a babicz full contact bridge, and as soon as I put some new schallers on it I will post updated pics. post-68455-028299100 1415223603_thumb.jpg

I like that BC Rich, cool looking instrument...well both guitars look cool to me . Post and don't be a stranger. What type of guitar music do you play ? what amps and sound effect pedals do you have ? how long have you been a guitarist ? dig it.

Where did you obtain the Epiphone Bigsby whammy ? looks good to me msp_thumbup.gif

I found it on eBay - got it for £58 - they were an option on arch tops in the late 80s & early 90s I believe, they then switched to a standard Bigsbys .

I found it on eBay - got it for £58 - they were an option on arch tops in the late 80s & early 90s I believe, they then switched to a standard Bigsbys .

find one for me, seriously. send me a pm...thank you.

^ Much thanks MarkJB (and anyone else)msp_thumbup.gif

FenderExplorerBigsby_zps12d96b69.jpg

This photograph of my Explorer was "photoshopped" to put on a Bigsby vibrato unit. The Fender vibrato was "cut" from another online photo and "pasted" on to the photo of my Epiphone Explorer. To me, the photo "cut and paste", looks great. It will actually look better on the real guitar when I am able to obtain an actual Epiphone Bigsby tailpiece vibrato unit. I also intend to change to Graph-Tech saddles and nut and very "high gain" pickups...any suggestions ?

Also, can someone photoshop the Epiphone "E" symbol from another online photo and put it on to the photo of my Explorer in place of the Fender "F" ? We will get a better idea what the guitar will actually look like...thanks a lot msp_thumbup.gif

FenderExplorerBigsby_zps12d96b69.jpg

This photograph of my Explorer was "photoshopped" to put on a Bigsby vibrato unit. The Fender vibrato was "cut" from another online photo and "pasted" on to the photo of my Epiphone Explorer. To me, the photo "cut and paste", looks great. It will actually look better on the real guitar when I am able to obtain an actual Epiphone Bigsby tailpiece vibrato unit. I also intend to change to Graph-Tech saddles and nut and very "high gain" pickups...any suggestions ?

The equivalent of the fender one is this.... I'm really not sure how easy they are to come by tbh I guess it's a case of keeping looking!

puente-epiphone-vibrotone-usc-vib.jpg

Archived