Gibson Brands Forums

Let's See Your Epiphones !

Old Rocker 59

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice. Is that an L4ces or an ES 175? Tailpiece does not seem like a 175.

[thumbup] L4CES with the maple back and sides. Similar to the L5CES tailpiece but with an ebony insert instead of the silver plus less engraving.

Thanks guys. IKEA is my friend there Red! LoL. Mgrasso; the top is solid, carved spruce. The back and sides - I'm not sure if they are solid or not. I've read conflicting stories that some earlier ones are solid, later ones laminated. Mines a 2002. I believe the new L4CES has solid mohogany . A very comfortable guitar to play and I highly recommend them. B)

Thanks guys. IKEA is my friend there Red!

I thought so. But I like how you used two pieces to spread out your components--it looks like they are proudly on display. Plus, I like the symmetry of the uplamps.

Red 333

I thought so. But I like how you used two pieces to spread out your components--it looks like they are proudly on display. Plus, I like the symmetry of the uplamps.

Red 333

Many thanks kind Sir. \:D/

2005 Un Sung. Pickups are SD Anniversary. Tuners are 14 to 1 Grovers. I don't like the slow response of 18 to 1. When I touch up tuning between songs I want that pitch to move NOW... Gotoh bridge. Gotoh nickel tailpiece to be here by Friday. IMO the gold hardware overstates the whole opulence angle while at the same time fights with the MOP inlays. I had a 335 for eight years and this has gotten "under my skin" in a way the Gibson never did. Fit and finish is cleaner than the Gibson too.

I just thought I would post what I got for Father's Day from my boys.

Epiphone LP Special with P90s

Locking tuners

Chrome side jack plate

Chrome pointers on speed knobs

Strap locks

Adjustable bridge

Fret level and dress

I gave it a road worn look, my boys did their artwork on it, and I added 4 coats of clear. This was a great Father and Sons project.

post-57649-059613900 1371571613_thumb.jpg

I just thought I would post what I got for Father's Day from my boys.

Epiphone LP Special with P90s

Locking tuners

Chrome side jack plate

Chrome pointers on speed knobs

Strap locks

Adjustable bridge

Fret level and dress

I gave it a road worn look, my boys did their artwork on it, and I added 4 coats of clear. This was a great Father and Sons project.

post-57649-059613900 1371571613_thumb.jpg

Well how cool is that?!! [thumbup]

Sounds like that LP Special had some nice mods done on it.

It looks great with your kids original artwork on it. That was a terrific idea!

Thanks for sharing it with us. [thumbup]

Oh, and I noticed this was your first post. WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!

And allow me to present you with your first +1. Stick around [biggrin]

My new 60's tribute plus.

IMG_0041_zps5cae50a3.jpg

nice same as mine but different color. do you notice anything like wavy in the sound? could be my amp... im waiting for my new amp to come and the one im using now is more than 20 years old so im kinda worried if the wavy sound is guitar problem or amp...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived