Gibson Brands Forums

B Stock

daveinspain

What exactly is B stock... There is a big music retailer for the European market in Germany called Thomann. They have a cyberstore too, www.thomann.de I was looking at their blow out section and they have a bunch of gibbies that are listed as B stock. Are they last years models, seconds...? Prices aren't bad so I was wondering....

From what I know, "B Stock" is usually a generic term for items that can't/won't be sold as first-line, including returns, repackaged, demo, scratch and dent, etc.. They seem to usually carry the full manufacturer warranty. Only the seller can tell you the specific reason for a specific item.

Thats exactly what I thought. Sometimes you get things like small cosmetic blemishes or whatever.

Im not sure Dave if thomann says why each item is classed as B stock. You could always email them for more info on specific items. I bought a B stock starter guitar from them for my 4 year old cousin and could find any problems with it (apart from the usual lack of attention to detail you expect on cheap gear)

Things may have changed since, but when I was LPC shopping in 2000-01, I came across a nice Wine Red Custom at a TN dealer.

Problem was the BIG finish run down the middle of the back of the guitar.

I noted the S/N and called Gibson a few days later. I asked if it was a forgery or maybe a "second". I was told then that Gibson

doesn't sell seconds. They also didn't seem too interested about the lack of QC or the possibility of forgery either.

IMX 'B' stock is well worth considering for certain items...

Like PA's, amps, speakers etc

Particularly those things that get scratched on the first gig... :blink:

Guitars etc may need more careful thought...although if 'returned as new' may offer a useful discount... [thumbup]

V

:-({|=

Archived