Gibson Brands Forums

Grandma's House----coffeehouse song

MissouriPicker

This is a song I just finished a couple weeks ago. Took a long, long time to finally finish it. You just never know about a song. Anyway, this is the kind of stuff I'm typically focused on for songwriting. Nothing special, but it'll be fun at coffeehouses, church, and festivals this summer.

Yay Grandma ! I can't believe you started in 1994, and stuck with it long enough to finish, that's tremendous. Songs I write come in a 5 minute flash, or they never survive. What strings are those on your J-60? They look black?

Thanks, gentlemen.......Actually, the song was started shortly after her death when my mom and aunt decided to sell her house. I never finished it. End-up forgetting about it until I found an old wire-notebook last month. The song was in there and I was able to finish it pretty quickly. I imagine a different perspective and some 15 years made the difference....

The strings are Black Diamond lite-med. They're coated black. Really not bad strings. Had them on there a couple months. Probably leave them on until fall or winter comes back around.

Archived