Gibson Brands Forums

Quick connect

The Kid

The "quick connect" plate that holds the vol/tone-pots och some Gibson models, is quite difficult to remove a single pot. Seem you have to remove the whole plate. Otherwhise I guess you have to use some kind of special tool for it? What do you guys prefer, the classic solder way, or this quick connect-plate where its all ready n clear to use?

The "quick connect" plate that holds the vol/tone-pots och some Gibson models, is quite difficult to remove a single pot. Seem you have to remove the whole plate. Otherwhise I guess you have to use some kind of special tool for it? What do you guys prefer, the classic solder way, or this quick connect-plate where its all ready n clear to use?

Personally; I prefer the classic hand-wired approach. It means from the start you've got room to incorporate your own custom wirings, controls, potentiometer and capacitor values, and such.

Not to say that the PCB and Quick-Connect systems don't have their merits; I've got a 2014 Studio with this system, and recently had the fortune of getting a Gibson '57 Classic+ pickup for cheap on eBay, which had the Quick-Connect plug. I ended up swapping the A2 magnet for an A4, and this will eventually go in the guitar when I get around to it. Because of the QC system; the swap will be painless!

But sadly the options available are limited; you can't get BurstBucker 1, 2, 3 pickups; and the other components are what they are on the PCB.

Archived