Gibson Brands Forums

Sherato neck joint=2/64th lower on one side of t heel?

NYDEFECT

Hi every one i picked up a 2015 Sheraton two last year and i have been having trouble with buzz ever since and i just now noticed that the heel joint is a bit more then 2/64th higher down by the plain e and lower by the wound E and the neck is pitched back.. I didn't think anything about the pitch back until l i noticed the difference in the he ll size, none of my other guitars have ever had one side higher then other is this some technique of epiphones or a defect? i would appreciate any advice other then this issue i really like the guitar love the pickups but if this is a defect i know it will just get worse..Thanks in advance Rich D.

Not sure what you mean by the heel joint is lower on one side. Are you measuring from the finger board surface to the body surface? Is the neck twisted? Is the bridge set level to the finger board, or higher to one side? I'd say you should take all the standard measurements that you would to do a setup (neck relief, nut height, bridge setting, etc.) and evaluate it from there. There might be one thing adjusted way wrong, like the bridge, that's making everything look wrong. Hopefully it's an easy fix.

Not sure what you mean by the heel joint is lower on one side. Are you measuring from the finger board surface to the body surface? Is the neck twisted? Is the bridge set level to the finger board, or higher to one side? I'd say you should take all the standard measurements that you would to do a setup (neck relief, nut height, bridge setting, etc.) and evaluate it from there. There might be one thing adjusted way wrong, like the bridge, that's making everything look wrong. Hopefully it's an easy fix.

[/quote

I have been doing set up's for a long time iv never seen a neck pitched up from the bottom at the neck joint, if i set my bridge even on both sides the e b g strings sit on the frets and the wound E A D are off the neck i realize now it is why my normal set ups don't fly.. Now that i see whats going on i will try and adjust for it, but i am disappointed i love Epiphone's hollow/semi hollow guitars i think some of them are on par with the big G and i paid full price in hope of getting a grade A guitar and it seems the seller was hoping i didn't notice or maybe he didn't notice himself i probably ,,, UPDATE,,, i just set it up seems ok ill let you know if there are any problems I'm hoping having it set up like this will not cause it to twist Do you think i should bring it to a dealer to look at? see what they think?

Archived