Gibson Guitar Board: 1983 Custom Shop Les Paul - Gibson Guitar Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1983 Custom Shop Les Paul Does anyone have any more info on this model

#1 User is offline   Studiomike 

• Group: Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:27 PM

Hello everyone... I am new to this site but would like to know if anyone has any more info about the Custom Woodshop Edition of my guitar I am the original owner of this guitar I bought in a music store near Johnstown Pa in 1983 I was standing there when the UPS man brought it in and after seeing dozens of guitars both Fender and Gibson.. when we opened this one up I knew it was the one so I picked it up for quite a discounted price... I will post the serial number as soon as I can get photos of the headstock probably later tonight....thank you all StudioMIke

http://studiomikesge...stomlespaul.htm

THERE ARE LOTS OF PICTURES OF THIS GUITAR ON MY GUITAR COLLECTION WEBSITE

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Les Paul-1 (600x800).jpg

#2 User is offline   Studiomike 

• Group: Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:59 PM

My link

View PostStudiomike, on 10 April 2012 - 04:27 PM, said:

Hello everyone... I am new to this site but would like to know if anyone has any more info about the Custom Shop Edition of my guitar I am the original owner of this guitar I bought in a music store near Johnstown Pa in 1983 I was standing there when the UPS man brought it in and after seeing dozens of guitars bith Fender and Gibson.. when we opened this one up I knew it was the one so I picked it up for quite a discounted price... I will post the serial number as soon as I can get photos of the headstock probably later tonight....thank you all StudioMIke

The serial number on back of headstock is as follows 83 087 CUSTOM SHOP EDITION MADE IN U.S.A. I Have more pictures now but looks like I can only upload the one pic how do you upload 5 or 6 at the same time...sorry I have to get used to this Forum Mike

I was able to upload all the guitar pic's on my guitar collection websiter here is the web address to the Les Paul page... http://studiomikesge...stomlespaul.htm

#3 User is offline   BobB 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Customer Service Team

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:50 AM

The instrument appears consistent with a Gibson "Spotlight Special" Les Paul. These were available between 1983-1984. The serial numbers all started with "83" followed by a ranking number. Yours would appear to be the 87th Spotlight Special built. There were at least 211 of these guitars built by the Custom Shop.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users