Gibson Brands Forums

historic price check?

Mr.6String

Hi all,

I have a 1999 historic ES-345 in washed cherry thats in mint/ as new condition

I bought the guitar at Sam Ash music in May of 1999 ..played it very little, I mean very little like a couple hours max, it has stayed in the case seeing I prefer my Deluxe gold top more

my question is what would be the going price for this guitar??

Thanks in advance :)

post-59057-049546700 1377879908_thumb.jpg

Guest Farnsbarns

Three ways to look at this...

A. It's worth half what a new one costs.

B. It's worth what they go for on EBay. Check finished listings to see what they are going for. Unfinished listings will tell you what other sellers think they're worth.

C. It's Worth what ever is the highest offer you get.

Three ways to look at this...

A. It's worth half what a new one costs.

B. It's worth what they go for on EBay. Check finished listings to see what they are going for. Unfinished listings will tell you what other sellers think they're worth.

C. It's Worth what ever is the highest offer you get.

your right, but I can`t remember what I paid for it, there is a natural one on ebay that`s going for 3900.00..a little steep I think

but it is a natural model and I think there is an upcharge for natural?

Guest Farnsbarns

your right, but I can`t remember what I paid for it, there is a natural one on ebay that`s going for 3900.00..a little steep I think

but it is a natural model and I think there is an upcharge for natural?

You've missed my points I think.

Checking what they are for sale at on eBay is a waste of time. You need to check finished listing to see what they actually sold for.

You don't need to remember what you paid. A good rule of thumb is that a mint but second hand guitar will be worth about half what a new one sells for NOW, not when you bought it.

Hope this clarifies. Good luck getting the most you can for it!

You've missed my points I think.

Checking what they are for sale at on eBay is a waste of time. You need to check finished listing to see what they actually sold for.

You don't need to remember what you paid. A good rule of thumb is that a mint but second hand guitar will be worth about half what a new one sells for NOW, not when you bought it.

Hope this clarifies. Good luck getting the most you can for it!

no completed listing that I see on this one and I do not agree about the "1/2 of what you paid" price statement

I believe this guitar was made in limited numbers and is indeed not common

I feel this is not your typical Les Paul standard fare pricing here

Guest Farnsbarns

OK. I hope you're able to get as much as possible.

Just to be clear, I am stressing that what I said was half what a new one costs now, not half what you paid. If it is rare AND desireable it may well be worth a lot more.

Edit: I notice that there are a number of 60s examples completed. One went for $2800 and around 3000-4000 seems more typical. I don't know how the reissues fare against these price wise?

OK. I hope you're able to get as much as possible.

Just to be clear, I am stressing that what I said was half what a new one costs now, not half what you paid. If it is rare AND desireable it may well be worth a lot more.

Edit: I notice that there are a number of 60s examples completed. One went for $2800 and around 3000-4000 seems more typical. I don't know how the reissues fare against these price wise?

it is interesting that there are hardly around to gauge by and you are correct about the vintage examples out there but again these are 60`s versions, I believe my historic is a reissue of the 1959 model

the neck is most unusual as it`s somewhat large and sort of flat on the backside, I`ve played my share of historic Gibsons and this one is unlike any of the 335`s,Les Pauls, SG`s

Thank you for your input :)

Archived