Gibson Brands Forums

Case problems

MaxPaul

I sent my defective 2011 ES335 back to Gibson in a beautiful black Gibson custom shop case. The guitar had to be replaced and the replacement guitar was returned in one of the newer (TKL?) antique brown/pink interior cases that Gibson is using recently.. Within a month the replacement case started coming apart in the of the area of the locking middle latch, it appears that the latch was installed incorrectly, pinching the tolex when closing the case cutting a plug out of the tolex material allowing the white filling material to escape. This defect grew larger quickly and the case was returned to Gibson. I contacted customer service to see if it was possible to get my old black custom shop case back and was told "no". I appreciate Gibson replacing the defective guitar but can't help thinking that someone scored a nice case in the transaction. Now I have a second replacement brown case from Gibson that has developed the same problem and will have to be returned or repaired.

Has anyone heard of similar problems or offer me some of your valuable advice in resolving this problem.

Thanks

Archived