Gibson Brands Forums

My Sheraton II legit ?

jambop

Hi As a follow up to my first post I have a question about my guitar. The serial number on the headstock has it made in Unsung in 2005 but the sticker inside the body of the guitar has no corresponding number number on it. The guitar itself look nice enough but then I notice the control knobs are not at the same distances apart. I was wondering if this is a Knock off? but who would want to knock off an Epiphone? Makes no difference now I have had the guitar for about six years but would be interesting to know what someone who knows about these things thinks. I have posted a couple of photos hope they can e seen well enough.

cheers

John

Looks legit, jambop :)

The sticker might have been incomplete (no quality process is perfect), but looks fine otherwise. The control layout compared with other Sheraton guitars looks pretty standard; they've got position them so them look patterned in a way, but allow for the f-holes and don't look too unsightly with the wires inside, etc.

Looks legit, jambop :)

The sticker might have been incomplete (no quality process is perfect), but looks fine otherwise. The control layout compared with other Sheraton guitars looks pretty standard; they've got position them so them look patterned in a way, but allow for the f-holes and don't look too unsightly with the wires inside, etc.

Yes kind of thought that the chances some company would want to copy a not too expensive guitar would be a bit dumb. Nice guitar with a nice finish though as you mention the wiring... it looks really shonky compared to what I am about to fit. I do recognise though that a conductor is a conductor but the pup wires don't even look as though they are soldered on I think there is a push fit plug of some sort. Thanks for the reply

Yes kind of thought that the chances some company would want to copy a not too expensive guitar would be a bit dumb. Nice guitar with a nice finish though as you mention the wiring... it looks really shonky compared to what I am about to fit. I do recognise though that a conductor is a conductor but the pup wires don't even look as though they are soldered on I think there is a push fit plug of some sort. Thanks for the reply

It's possible it uses some kind of hook or quickly made connection; in some ways might keep costs down. Good on you for putting your own harness in.

Archived